Early in a relationship, do girls prefer if the guy texts or calls?

If you have been on 1 or 2 dates would you want the guy to text you or call you?

What about 7-10 dates?

20+?

Most Helpful Girl

• I really prefer text messages... I don't like talking over the phone... I feel like I need to be with that person to effectively communicate... because body language plays a big part... especially for me... I wear my emotions on my sleeve. My BF does call me a couple times a week... but usually just when he is driving home from school... we text daily though unless we see each other. So I really think it's gonna depend on her... if she is really chatty and more extroverted then she'll probably like phone calls... if she is more quiet than maybe text more often... but once you are more solid in the relationship... after 10 dates or so and you are official... ask her

What Girls Said 3

• Good question! I think most girls would agree that in the beginning (1-2 dates) a text is preferred, but as time goes on I would just ask the girl because every girl is different. Some girls prefer to always text, but I love spending time talking on the phone with a guy I'm seeing regardless of the date number. This isn't to say if you don't like talking on the phone, as a guy, you should all the time. Do whatever is comfortable for the relationship, because there is no right or wrong to the question. . . the answer just differs for everyone. And you could do an even amount of talk and text to be fair either way.

Another thing I might add is texting can be nice and fast, but I prefer talking since you can be more personal! For you, you can get to know the girl better so that "LOL" actually sounds like a laugh instead of questionable replies that leave you wondering if she really did laugh at whatever you said (that she apparently thought was funny)!

• Both. Give her a call sometimes, but not as often as you text her, and not several times a day.

• Personally, I prefer calls. I like hearing his voice. (:

What Guys Said 1

• I usually start with texts but transition to both shortly. I prefer calling if possible.