What to do about uncertain future?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 2 years. We are both 31. He says we are going to get married one day but that he would noy even thinking about proposinh to me until after his younger sister gets married. She got engaged last year and is g gettting married until next year. I feel somewhat insulted that I have to wait but Im not sure if im over-reacting. He knows I want to move forward. We livr in two different cities and when I ask him when we will live in the same place he just tells me not to worry, that there is plenty of time and it could be a couple years. I dont have a problem with waiting but he leaves me in the dark and gets upset when I talk about the future. Which is why I never bring it up. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells all the time. Am I wrong to feel this way? All of our friends are married or engaged. It bothers me that he does not want to talk about our future and that I should just believe his word but he is so wishy washy. He says he loves me but I still feel uncertain about our future. Please help.

What Guys Said 1

• It'a tough. I feel that if you really love him and trust what he says then try to wait it out as long as you can. I think it's tough if you both live in different cities. And I can't blame you for being worried because you don't want to be wasting your time if he ever changes his mind or he decides to get cold feet which would really suck. Your not wrong to feel the way you feel because when you look at your friends who are married and engaged then it makes it seem like your being left out or falling behind everybody else. I just really hope your boyfriend keeps his word and never goes back on it. You are also right why should you wait for his younger sister to get married? I do know weddings are money. So maybe another possibility could be that he is trying to save up for you and his wedding. I hope things work out.

What Girls Said 0