Girls: What do you think of "nice guys"?

I have always been a "nice guy". I have also never gotten much interest from the ladies (until recently). So girls, what do you think about us "nice guys"? Are we date-able?

Part 2: Do you think as you've gotten older your feelings toward "nice guys" has changed?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course nice guys are datable. Personally, as I have gotten older, I have just become more and more awakened to their true worth. Perhaps you have not gotten much interest until lately because girls haven't generally been quite mature until lately... which is probable since one matures with age.

What Girls Said 15

• I like nice guys :) obviously we don't like douchebags but sadly we fall for douchebags due to them being immensely attractive.. just like bad guys fall for hot chicks who treat them like crap :( it's wrong Yes but it still happens.. but lots of girls like nice guys :) and find nice guys attractive... trust me nice guys dont finish last :)

• That they're nice. That's it. I don't become attracted to you just because you're nice; nice guys are dime a dozen. What attracts me to you is something more, your intelligence, your humour, your ambitions, and of course, your looks. Nice guys aren't entitled to girls just because they say all the right things or just because they want a girl. I'm sure when you apply for a job, the only attribute you put down in your resume won't be that you're nice, you'll highlight other aspects of your personality and achievements. The same goes for dating.

• I started to appreciate nice guys when I was in my first year of university. My first year of high school I had no interest in nice guys whatsoever and YES!!! GIRLS APPRECIATE NICE GUYS As they get older.

• So why do you think you started appreciate nice guys? Which of their aspects made you appreciate them more? What changed in you?

• I had a lot of problems in high school and nobody was ever there for me so when I found somebody who loved me, supported me, respected me, cared about me, honoured me and was there for me - I decided he was the one.

• :) Smiley Faces (:

• what do u mean exactly by nice guys? what sets you apart from another guy?

• I dunno... Good question. Don't get me wrong, I know I am my own unique person. I guess you'd have to ask all the girls who have told me that I was one. Or any of the ones on here what they define as a nice guy.

• u normally define a nice guy as (stereotypically) a guy in the friendzone.. not being nasty , its reality... however my bf is a gamer.. he's young and he's a typical guy yet i would still say he's a nice guy cus he knows how to treat me good and how to act like a decent person. i think you might need to edge up a bit if you keep getting the same reaction from girls.. and dont forget confidence.. definitely a huge turn on !!

• Bad boys are overrated... most girls dont want that extra drama. nice guys are the type of guys me and all of my girl friends go for so I say nice guys are always the ones i go for even though other factors play a role in whether I like you or not too

No, I've always liked nice boys and stayed away from bad boys

• I don't like anyone who is too nice, so when a guy who is attracted to me acts too kindly I get weirded out. I get the impression of needy or weak, or that they have an ulterior motive but that's just my thinking.

• Nice guys are great as long as they're still men and not total push overs.

• that is the definition of a nice guy honey

• They kind of are for mine and a majority of people's books "love". So you can cut that.

• @opinion owner not sure what you were trying to say. I was addressing bluefire anyway

• Put it this way... anything is better than being an asshole.
    Yes, do be nice, but make sure she's nice to you too.
    Nice people deserve nice people.

• "Nice people deserve nice people" agreed

And assholes deserve assholes, lol :P

• Nice guys are wonderful in my opinion, I don't know why girls don't go for them more often!

• now that i've matured more... I would choose a nice guy over any other guy any day

• I have always liked guys that are nice!

• If nice guy means gentleman that is respectful then I love nice guys

• I have always like genuinely nice guys!

*Note that I said genuinely. there are a lot of guys who think they are nice, but really aren't. for example: if you are only nice to a girl because you are trying to get in her pants, then you are not really a nice guy.
    But if you are genuinely nice to everyone without trying to get anything from them, then it's a great quality and one that girls look for :)

• also, as @thunderpuff23 said, yes we want nice guys but you also have to be more than that. Just like it's not enough to be hot, you have to have an attractive personality too. Being funny is a turn-on (for some of us) but being funny alone isn't going to get you a date. Maybe you can try highlighting some of you other qualities?

• We want guys who are nice, thoughtful, and care about others. At least healthy-minded girls do. But most girls don't want a push-over or a pussy, you know? We want a guy who is generally kind but will speak his mind and doesn't let people cross him.
    I don't want a guy who is always super sweet, won't argue with me, and literally treats me like a princess. I would HATE that.
    So yes its good to be nice but not a huge push over with no back bone

• "I don't want a guy who is always super sweet, won't argue with me, and literally treats me like a princess. I would HATE that. "

Hmm... Now i understand why i am still single. #Fuckmelife#

• I'm sorry. It's just that we want guys who treat us well but don't pamper us. At least I don't. The only girls that like that have Princess Syndrome

• I love a nice guy- someone who is honest, kind, makes me laugh/smile and is attractive AND NICE!!

What Guys Said 5

• See its simple. It depends on the age bracket of the girl u chase or try to impress. If she is 26 >
    Then she wil be daily praying that a nice guy who actually cares for her come across and make her carried away. All immatured girls treat nice guys like shit. matured women will treat nice guys as nice as u get. But to build attraction with that nice girl is where a nice guy fucks up. He shud be nice at the same time not be a doormat. He shud have his own life and values with backbone and man enough to take care of her. With no jealousy and full of care and maturity amd confidence.

• Nice guys? Ugh. Not this again.

• I got more attention being a jerk than being a 'nice guy'.

• I don't believe any female walking on earth likes nice guys. Nice guy is code for ugly, unattractive or average and no female wants that. Also nice guys finish last in my opinion unless he's rich or hung like a horse two things I'm not and I'm also ugly and fat.

• I'm a nice guy and I get ignored by every girl. If it's not working man, it's time to change.

• Maybe there's another reason you get ignored?

• I don't know. I mean, I'm not bad looking and I can hold a conversation, and I am not a push over. I do have a minor scar on the side of my head and it is noticeable. I think that it's a turn off to most girls. They end up judging me right away. I'm a pretty down to earth guy. idk...