Submissive women are a turn off. Am I alone?

Girls who don't make their move, don't stand up for themselves, don't state their case, don't feel comfortable going for positions traditionally held by men, are a turn off.
They have to be capable of being my equal.

Do anyone else feel this way?

Same thing in the bedroom. We should both be able to switch the roles seamlessly.
"Yeah, that's perfectly reasonable. I feel the same. I don't like having to act controlling and dominant, and I wouldn't want my partner to demand to be controlled and dominated. That's just weird. Equality ftw."
The guy below said it fairly well.

Most Helpful Girl

• As many people have stated you mean passive. And there's many men like that too.
    And as for sexually, its a preference.

What Girls Said 9

• i think people acting one way or another bc they are told they are supposed to is annoying.

I don't know if a submissive guy would be anything to me. but i know i find women who claim its their place in the world to be puppets, bc they are women and if they dont adhere they will never have a relationship and the relationship gurus who espouse it and the guys who look for that, to be thoroughly irritating and desperate.

it should at the very least go both way.

i think id need to see a sample group of a bunch of people not just one sex, all sexes, acting submissive, bc they really truly feel more comfortable that way. to see whether or not i find it annoying.

right now it just feels like a major brain wash to be able to look at it objectively.

also ACTING submissive is not the same as BEING a submissive person. which i think is virtually impossible bc everyone has fight in them. its just being human.

but some people may prefer to act passive and if thy really like it and are not sitting there resenting and biting their tongue and being fake, idk. i'd have to see it beyond a stereotype.

i know its a turn on when a guy i respect yields to me, but i dont think itd be a turn on if he always did it, or did it independent of his own views. it usually happens bc ultimately it makes sense to do so., were not actually at odds., so really its just being 'gentle' and amicable which i find hot in a guy.

its never a turn on for someone to pretend they dont want the responsibility of their own will.. its just bs.

i think when in love there's a bit of a puppy in all of us. and knowing we you are the -only- one having that affect on your partner is pretty endearing. but if it only goes one way, then it just feels like paternalistic thats NOT hot lol

• Yes.
    Why would someone want a human-being that is pretty much being spoon-fed but as an adult?

• I don't think that's submissive. I think that's lacking self worth or confidence.

• Yeah, but there are little cultural things trained into a lot of girls brains that make them confidently submissive.

• Once again. I'm submissive. Bye.

• No one would be submissive to the point of bringing harm to themselves unless it's sexual harm of course 😈

• I get what you're saying, but I think "passive" or "unmotivated" would be a more appropriate word. I know many women who are submissive but still have successful careers and know when to put their foot down.

• You mean passive. People in general could be passive because of he way they were brought up. It is base on their past experience in life in which becomes the building block of their personality.

To answer your question, I do believe a woman shouldn't be passive all of the time. They have to have a mind of their own, because if your passive/submissive you have the mind of a train dog. They should speak up for themselves and not tolerate everything.

• You mean passiveness?

• Sure, but using the word "submissive" gets the point across.

• So are submissive guys.

• It works both ways then. However I guarantee you that there are girls perfectly fine with submissive guys.

• You could also switch that statement.

It doesn't matter its your preference its fine.

• I know :), just saying.

• Is this Mesonfielde?

• it depends if you're talking socially submissive or sexually submissive.

• Equality in both.

• *good self esteem (how many people are gonna jump on that Freudian slip?)

• *a smile and double thumbs up

What Guys Said 9

• You basically don't want a daughter disguised as a girlfriend. Many men are running away from those because they don't want to impregnate someone they feel like a father to already.

• I don't have a problem with submissive or passive people. Not everyone wants to try to dominate everything in their path, sometimes they want to experience life at their casual pace, let them. I only have a problem with it in the bedroom because complete submissiveness is boring to me.

• YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! I too dislike passive women, who need protetion from a man all the time. I like the woman to be strong physicaly and mentaly to stand alone by herself! That's a turn-on!!! ;-)

• You ever watched Castle or The Good Wife by chance?

• no... why?

• They're good shows, and much related to this question.

• Yeah, that's perfectly reasonable. I feel the same. I don't like having to act controlling and dominant, and I wouldn't want my partner to demand to be controlled and dominated. That's just weird. Equality ftw.

• You probably just haven't found a really hot one yet.

• You're gonna have to be less vague.

• lol dont you get sick of people in like two weeks...

• Depends on the girl :)

• my wife is only 5 foot and sometimes her mouth goes off for good reason but in our bed room and in bed she controls me and I love it

• Oh, you cute untraditional kids :)

• ... uh.. yeah.. kids is weird one to use since you're over 40, but you get it right?

• thank you we enjoy making love that way

• I. would lobe a women who controls me only on bed :p

• Fuck that, I'm a man and I will not settle for anything but a submissive woman. That doesn't mean she can't be smart, capable and successful in the world, but in a relationship I'm not going to tolerate a woman who thinks she's going to dominate me.

• I will dominate you with a sandwich on my hand

• feminine woman... bullshit!!! why feminine = passive? i like the woman to be strong able to protect herself if someone attacks her or calls her names instead of having a man besides her to do the job... that's a real turn off.

• As others here have already pointed out, you are clearly misusing the term 'submissive'. We are talking about the nature of the interaction between one woman and one man in a heterosexual relationship. It has everything to do with one being dominant one being submissive. It has NOTHING to do with how capable a woman is, how hard she works, how self-sufficient she is, how successful she is in her job or whether or not she is lazy. Nothing!

The fact that you have "seen little to suggest that men and women are fundamentally different" tells are me you are way behind the curve, dude. It is you who is living in the past, not me. Your views are based on outdated studies from the 70s - 90s. The latest research shows that males and females are in fact very different. Our brains are wired differently and those differences are genetic. I'm not going to educate you... you can do that yourself, or maybe a woman can do it for you. Regardless, the information is out there.

I'm done here.

• I like a woman who knows how to dominate. But I don't think there's one out there who can dominate me