Why do guys date annoying and obnoxious girls?

I'm still in high school and I'm not looking for a boyfriend or anything, but I can't help but to notice that guys like to date complete bitches. Yeah, they're pretty and they have a lot of friends and they look appealing physically and what not, but they're generally not very nice, not very smart, manipulative, loud, and just really annoying to talk to in general. The girls who are actually considered "nerds" or boring are the girls who I imagine would actually get somewhere in a relationship. wouldn't it be common sense to date someone who's nice and considerate? This question could easily go for girls too. Why so girls look for jerks?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• It's true, it's entirely about being hot, being nice is simply a bonus, at least in high school. Things change in college

• I think its a contest to see who dates the best looking girl. Guys want to brag about the girl they're with. They want to say stuff about how she looks, not how smart she is. I totally agree with you that smart girls are never really given a chance, but I think this is just how it works.

Now if you're smart and good looking ;)...

• Here's a question. Why do girls only date douchebags who treat them like trash?

• because you are not looking for a boyfriend

• The guys probbaly don't know which girls are bitches and which are not. Girls tend to hide it very well from guys

What Girls Said 0