Girl of my dreams... But that age thing?

So there is this one girl (18) who I knew for a few years now and we grow kind of close over that time. We are friends and training partners in MA. She is super smart, mature, and very serious when training. we do trust each other, and I really enjoy her company. I recently come to realize that I (29) really like and care for her. and I'm pretty sure she likes and cares as well. (shes playful and cutesy with me, when no one else is around or watching) and we have quite a bit in common.

Now I have been considering taking her to a movie or play, as a graduation present. But then the thought that she might consider it a date came to mind. so now i'm not sure what to do. But what I do know is that i'm obviously crushing on her.

So the question is do you all feel it's ok to ask her out with the age gap?

Most Helpful Girl

• She's 18. You can date her. You can say it's not a date when you ask her. But don't say it bluntly she'll think you'd never go on a date with her.

What Girls Said 4

• um not to be rude but duh... age is nothing but a number - trust me when I say this I love an older man well since Im 26, I would like for him to be either 32 or 35 probably because of the whole maturity thing or because he has life experiences but you can totally date her so go on ask her out that is if you haven't already

• She's legal so you don't have a problem! XD I'm into guys that are up to nine years older than me. XP But I can't speak for her. XD

• Honestly, i don't see anything wrong with it! You're already friends, so you're halfway there! Plus, age has nothing to do with maturity! Good luck! :)

• Can you handle an older more "mature" female?

• I can handle a female up to my age... but not older then myself. But I don't know any that I like.

What Guys Said 3

• YOu should totally go for it, donĀ“t mind the age gap.
    If you really care for her, its totally worth it.
    Besides it may be the best for her, beacuse I have a friend, that dated an older guy, more or less like you 2, but this motherfucker, treated her way too bad, she really loved him, with passion from her teenage years, and the bastard took advantage of that and ended up hurting her and scarring her.
    My point is, you can make something really beautiful with this young girl, she doesn't seem like a recckless stupid teen right?
    If nobody else has a problem with it, go for it!

• That's fine, just know that she will change, and she's in her party phase

• She's more of a homebody when it comes to parties... She skips them all but for close friends. heck she skipped her own prom and after party.

• That's fine. I do that all day errrday. Smash it. NO RAGRETS!