What's the difference between playing games and playing hard to get?

What's the glaring difference between playing games and playing hard to get? At what point does playing hard to get turn into playing games?

What Girls Said 2

• Its hard to tell with some people. I believe if someone is properly playing hard to get, there are slivers of genuine or normal interaction amongst the game playing

• So already went out, then she started tried to make me jealous by flirting with others in front of me - which I always just calmly walked away without being phased by it. Then she started being unavailable because she was "busy" but asking if we could do it another time at which point I told her then it's up to her to let me know when she's free and just left it at that. Now she keeps trying to get my attention, but I've continued to ignore her attempts since she never actually got back to me. Would you consider this the right way of dealing with the situation? She's flaked/blown me off twice - one was a jealousy tactic the other was to put it off to a later date and I tend to follow a two flake/blow-off rule as being the limit.

• You don't have to ignore her if she engages you, but I wouldn't pursue her further. I like to kill people with kindness. If she brings the situation up just say I felt time was being wasted and did us both a favor by moving on... followed by a courteous how have you been? People don't know what to do when they've been caught and when others are kind to them anyway

• Brilliant, thanks for that!

• Playing hard to get *is* a game. You play it.

• Ok, and would the best remedy be to just ignore the person then? Not in a mean way but just not be phased and continue to say basic things like hi, how are you etc but be indifferent/not available?

• I wouldn't put up with that. If you really like her, you can try some real talk with her. Tell her that you like her, but these games are making it difficult. If you are already too frustrated, just walk away.

What Guys Said 0