If I was previously known as a stalker, is it safe to make a move?

When I was in high school, I fell hard for this guy that I sat next to in band. He was funny, good looking, kind, and charming. I was quite the silent type back then, so instead of talking to him, I observed him intently.

Well, after liking him for about three months I decided to make a move. It was a coward's way to ask someone out: write a letter with my number at the bottom. I listed all of the things I liked about him in the letter. And, needless to say, he was creeped out. He didn't tell me he was creeped out though. He told me that he thought I was nice and that he was grounded so he couldn't. To me, this meant that he was interested.

A couple weeks later I asked again, and he said that he couldn't. A month later the same. This happened over and over until finally I sent him a text and asked blatantly, "Look, would you like to go to a movie? If not, please tell me so I can just stop dragging this out."

No answer.

Three months passed and I had still convinced myself that I had a chance with this guy. Coincidentally, I became really great friends with his sister, only to find out that our friendship was not so coincidental... she was telling her brother about how I was with him--rather, how obsessive I was with him--and that I hoarded pictures of him in my room and followed him around town. I made an impulse act at Christmas time and decided to give him a present. I stupidly gave the present to his sister so she would give it to him. She hid it under his bed so it looked like I had been in his room. Everyone at my school knew me as an obsessive stalker after this incident, so naturally I cut off connections with his family.

Well, now I have recently started hanging out with his brother in group settings--and I think that I am starting to fall for him. What should I do? I am torn between following my heart and following my mind. My gut is swaying me in both directions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck it! Trust me I know from experience no guy is worth this shit

What Guys Said 3

• Find a new family to interact with. He will have already formed his opinion of you from his siblings.

• im sorry but why are you so fixated on this one family? there are a bunch of other guys out there and in my opinion they all sound like assholes but that's just me

• Go get him tiger

What Girls Said 2

• Literally this is probably another attempt to humiliate you. Don't do it lol

• Are you falling for the brother? No matter what I would stay away from them, if I where you.