Should I contact him??

I went on a date with this guy 2days ago and it ended great. He said "we should do this again soon". So when I hear this I get excited but then I am wanting to do something the very next day.lol I've never been this excited about seeing a guy and I really don't want to scare him off. Should I wait until he contacts me or should I go with my gut and try to set things up myself?...Help please:)

..and yes it was a first date..

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you had been showing your interest that leaves him with no mixed signals, then I think you should wait for him to contact you. The reason why I say this, is because from personal experience, if its gone a few days without a guy calling you he may not be THAT interested. Most guys who are that interested will keep in contact. You didn't say if it were the first date or not, but if it was and he still hasn't contacted you yet, it doesn't look too good...if he does end up contacting you I can't see him being that serious about a relationship with you because I know how guys are when there into a girl, they can be just as clingy as we are.

Som people will tell you that he may just be "busy", but how busy can you be to send a text saying "hey I had a great time the other night, we should do something again friday night!".

• You are so right. I have experienced the stark difference between guys who are somewhat interested and someone who thinks I am the best girl he has ever met, and those select few that are super hot for you, well they are not too busy, they put in the effort and they want to lock you up for the next date pronto. And, nowadays, with texting, it is just way too easy to send a message than not.

What Guys Said 2

• maybe he's doing that 3 day wait thing. he probably doesn't want to scare you off. a lot of guys see that some girls get uncomfortable with guys that try to hard, I'm willing to bet he likes you a lot and doesn't want to risk overdoing it. but at the same time, he doesn't know that you can't wait to go out with him again. what I personally think you should do is call him tonight and just carry on a conversation for a while. ask questions, talk about common interests in such. and just mention that you had a great time the other night. hopefully he'll take the opportunity to ask you out again, if not then there is no harm asking him out. just call him tonight and see where it goes. I don't know sh*t about relationships but I hope I was able to help you. good luck : )

• Always go with your gut! It may seem weird, but don't force things, and just go with the flow. If you feel its right to call them call I say, haha. Also, if things ended great, I'm sure he wouldn't mind you taking the extra effort and contacting him first =)

What Girls Said 5

• Two days after a great date that you both enjoyed it seems, from him stating ''we should do this again soon'' is enough time to start planning your next date with him now. If he hasn't called or asked about it yet, nows the time to ask him, so that you have planned it all well in advance (Just incase he's busy or something) Then you have something to look forward to :-)

I'd go for it and call him if I was in your situation. You have nothing to lose and he will probably think it's cute that you're excited about wanting to see him again.

I hope you both have fun.

X

• You need to wait. Be aware that when a guy says "we should do this again soon", he may call for another date or he may not. Guys will say these type of phrases (oh and girls do it too) as a way of ending a date regardless of their intention to see you again. The only way to know that he is as interested in you are you are in him, is to let him make the next move. If he did enjoy the date as much as you did and he is attracted to you, you will hear from him very soon.

• i'm in the same situation and I did text him and I got to see him the very next day. I mean I don't think he would of hung out with me if he didn't want to see me. I always use to wait for the guy to do the calling etc. etc. but I said f*** it and text him and we met up. I say if you call/text him and he doesn't respond or you don't end up seeing him aftering contactin him then you know what is going on. but, 2days you have waited long enough I think. and instead of driving yourself crazy you'll know what's up..

• i agree that you should contact him, what's the worst that can happen? he says he can't do it that day and flakes out. oh well. but maybe he doesn't know if you're interested and wants you to contact him. girls who follow the "he hasn't called so neither will i" rule really annoy the sh*t out of me. girls can make the first move too sometimes, every guy is different so to base your next move on just the "rules of dating" is completely bogus. I say call him (its worked for me before!). but if you don't get him or if he says he can't hang out, then let it go. good luck!

• I don't think there should be a time limit when you should contact someone you are interested in. All these rules for dating really take the fun out of it. Give it a couple of days, if you don't hear from him then you should give him a call & set something up. Good luck!

• I disagree with calling him after another few days. If he hasn't called by then, he is not that interested. All I can say is that the best relationships that I have seen, the ones that are not ending in divorce, are the ones where the guy has always been head over heels for the girl and he's made the effort from the beginning. In the long haul it is better to make sure you have a guy who is really in to you and if they are, you won't be calling them when they are not calling you.

• There are all different types of guys out there. Some are shy and some don't want to come off too desperate if they are contacting a girl right away. Either way it wouldn't hurt if she gave him all call. She is either going to find out if he is interested or not.