How many times is too many to break up and get back together with your ex?

Im 16, now a junior in high school, and I've been dating a guy who just graduated. We have been on and off for a little over a year. Sometimes we were actually in a relationships, sometimes we were just talking and flirting, and other times we completely hated each other but some how we always seem to find our way back to each other. He says he knows im not the girl he's going to marry because he wants to marry a girl in the same branch of military he is going in to but not being with him makes me miserable. When does it reach the point where i just need to give up and go our separate ways?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1 time. Anything more than that is just a waste of time. There has to be a certain point when you just realize that you aren't compatible even if you really care about him. Unfortunately, it takes a lot more than love to keep a relationship together and it sounds like you guys just aren't on the same page as far as what you're looking for.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• 2 times. after breaking up with him twice, leave it alone.

• I go with the baseball rule... Three strikes and he's out.

• Dude once you break up with someone your dome its a waste of time.