Ladies does your partners religious belief play a role on your decision to be with him or not?

Im not religious nor do I really have a religion and I've noticed lately a few of the girls I dated didn't seem comfortable with that. One even took me to church but she did feel better once I told her that although I had no religion I did believe in god which made her feel more comfortable. So does a guy being religious or not or his religious beliefs i. e. Christian, Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, etc... play a role on whether you will end up dating them or continue to date them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Religion doesn't play a role in relationships with me. All I ask is that a guy not judge me base upon the fact that I don't claim a religion. I would date a guy of any religion or spiritual beliefs.

What Girls Said 8

• I will not date a guy if he is religious. I believe in God but do not like organized religion. I have only dated one guy and he was religious and it ended up very badly with him trying to pressure me into conforming.

• woo! high five for us non-religious people XD Yes I understand that I feel put off when that happens.. >.<

• Hi five back! :P

• For me, a guy's religion is nothing more than something he personally chooses to follow. No one complains about me having no set religion but they do complain about my gaming habits or how I'm never girly enough. Religion may affect his family but not mine.

• No, it doesn't. I really don't care if he believes in God or not.. That's his thing, his life..

• I'm a Christian, and I really don't care if he believe in something else than I do. I don't think religion should play a role in a relationship.

• No, all I ask is for them to respect that I choose not to be religious. The only time it plays a role is if they try to force their religion on me.

• I am a Christian so I want to marry a guy who is also a Christian. Being a Christian is a lifestyle thing and I would like my partner to be on the same page as me and to encourage/support me as I encourage/support him.

• Definitely yes.

• not if i date them but if i marry them yes

What Guys Said 0