What would you choose? Friends With benefits, F**** buddies, hooking up, or a relationship?

And why do you pick your choice, if you don't mind explaining?

• Friends with benefits
  • Hooking up
  • Healthy relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Friends with benefits ; It is just not for me. Sex is not my top priority anyway. Hooking up, that is basically serves for the same aim as Friends with benefits. So no.

I have been single for a while. I am very happy in this way. No regrets at all. But i know i will be more happy in a healthy relationship with the right person. My life is good but it will be better when you share your happiness with someone :)

What Girls Said 12

• I can't fathom sex without love. The whole idea of casual sex makes me feel hollow, disgusted and sad to a point where I actually started crying one night after I've been approached by 5 guys asking me if I want to hook up. (I rarely agree to go to bars, but my friends forced me that night.)

I understand male mind is different and I was in no way, shape or form assaulted by any of the guys who approached me. I don't think guys are pigs for feeling the way they feel. It's their gender design. I really understand that.
    But apparently, some visceral part of me doesn't. I just felt like such a piece of meat standing there in that club, that tears came to my eyes and I had to run and hide in the bathroom so I wouldn't be seen crying. I lied I was PMSing. I didn't dare tell my girlfriend the truth knowing she would think I'm nuts. And maybe I am.

But don't think I'm disgusted by sex. In fact I consider myself a very sexual girl.
    That part of me that is so repulsed by the concept of casual sex is something I can try to justify to you with all manner of theories, but at the end of the day it stands for what it is. Just a part of me.

• Guys can get attached-- its called vasopressin, but its like a one time thing.
      I personally wouldn't want to have sex unless I cared about that person, like a lot.

• I don't like it. I don't even want to think about it.
      You should try sleeping with a man. It's really not that bad. -_-

• Asker, I know guys can get attached, I merely stated they don't have to get attached to want sex. While this goes for some rare women as well, it's not a mark of our gender.

• I'm grey-aromantic, so I mostly only have platonic relationships or sexual relationships - a mix of the two would be glorious. However, the thing about being a GREY-aromantic means I sometimes develop feelings for people and it such a nightmare...

• I'd prefer a relationship.

• Unless im extremely strapped for time where like not even my sleeping hours can be shared, then I'd say relationship. B-c at least there's enough time to find out..

• I prefer a relationship, but I choose not to have one at this time. So, I have a friends with benefits

• Healthy relationship. I don't do casual sex.

• I think it depends on what you want for your life at this moment.

Usually if you pick friends with benefits is because you are either too busy with your job or college or you don't want to date.
    A hook up is not exactly a relationship is something that happens , is just about the moment.

and well if you like dating and going through all the steps to get someone, you pick a "serious relationship" . however, I have to say that the three options are perfectly fine and healthy if you feel comfortable with it.

• I love being single, but I'm currently in a wonderful relationship and wouldn't have it any other way.

• I voted C.
    Friends with benefits situations and hook ups don't appeal to me.
    I like to be owned, in every way... relationship for me, please :-)

• Hookups, one night Stand types honestly
    I think I pick sex over love
    I don't know many girls like that. It may be bad to say that I would probably never want a relationship until my late 20s early 30s

• It's not bad per say. The only thing is that guys like me would friend zone you instantly.

• Why?

• Guys like me don't think about sex casually.

• A relationship sex is emotional for me

• B or C. friends with benefits is not good for girls
    Either duck and leave or have a real relationship

What Guys Said 8

• A happy and healthy relationship is the pinnacle of existence, in my opinion, and hooking up or friends with benefits are both cheap compromises that leave me unfulfilled--I'm not speaking for everyone here... just myself.

With that said, I've been happily single, and I never hated it. I just knew that it wasn't the absolute BEST that life could be. "Happiness only real when shared".

• I honestly don't understand the whole "Friends with Benefits" gimmick, when did that suddenly start getting popular? Find it hard to imagine walking up to your chums, surfing or sharing a dib dab or whatever the kids do nowadays, before saying "Let's shag" and casually ramming them against the wall D:

• With the way I was raised, I will fantasize about having a relationship. The casual stuff would feel totally alien to me.
      I want to sing this song on day:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDVaKRApcg
      People do it to satisfy their "drives" when they can't find it anywhere else, or so I hear.

• haha, what?

• Plenty of other things to do in the world beyond - as Cachino from Fallout New Vegas says - "Pumpin' your body fully of chems or pumpin' hookers wit' your willy" xD

• At the current point in my life, friends with benefits, I have very little spare time and money right now.

A couple years from now? Relationship.

• A healthy relationship. The sex is more meaningful when I feel connected to the person.

• What's the difference between friends with benefits and effing buddies?

• I'm not sure if there is one.

• Then I'd prefer a FWB.

• Actually friends with benefits are friends who have sex
      Fuck buddies aren't friends and probably would never chill with each other in public
      I don't know that's how I see it. Fuck buddy sounds dirtier than friends with benefits

• In my eyes, plain sex isn't even comparable to a good relationship.

• Friends with benefits just doesn't interest me and I don't mind the odd game of tonsil hockey on the dance floor with a random girl, but you can't beat a healthy relationship.

The love of a good woman is priceless.

• i can't get any of theme :(