Single through out high school is that bad?

Hello, I recently graduated and high school and through out that time I never had a boyfriend. I have had couple on and off guys that I flirted with, but nothing serious.

Anyways, I'm about to head off to college and recently I spoke to one of my friends who said, "It's going to look bad that you never dated back in High school." Is that true? I never gave not having a boyfriend much more than a passing thought, but will it really look bad? I do hope to date in college, and I hope not dating in high school won't be a huge drawback.

Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, good for you. A place to forget for most of us. This way, you have no bad memories! Not many people have good ones; most people are too immature to make good decisions and few can handle the peer pressure.

Looking bad, you will be GLAD you missed out on all that mess!

• I would go even further and say don't date till you plan on getting married, but honestly the drama with high school relationships is too much.

• Most of us can't handle relationships at that age, but we try anyway!

What Guys Said 6

• No... dont base it on how many others aren't single... not to mention that not all those that have somebody are even taking it seriously... i was single throughout highschool... and i know for a fact that most HS relationships are only for staus..." see Im normal because, im not single"... very difficult to get with someone in HS without drama.

• Thank you, and I can see where you are coming from about the status part! Thank you!

• OMG !! WHAT is society doing to the kids? Nooooo !!! It is not bad and it is perfectly OK !!! You have the whole life ahead of you and BETTER things to accomplish rhan worrying about being left single.

• Please read my advice carefully and seriously. I wish you the best. Make people envy you with some achievement instead of anything else. These things do not matter. Do not give in to peer pressure.

• it wouldn't be a draw back at all.. all you have to do is take care of your selves while dating. As you said that you haven't dated for at least once.. you can't judge the guys.. who behaves how? So do date but do judge before you date. Nothing negativity is there in ain't had a date. chill out!!!
    Date per a Date !!! enjoy.. have fun ! ;)

• No it's not bad, I think most people in high school were single

• Hm, guess I never paid much attention. Thanks for the imput!

• Me either I had a ton of friends that were girls but I never date it any if them. never though about it either lol

• Due to the way sexual value is calculated for girls vs guys, yes for girls, no for guys.

• My cousin didn't date until after he got out of high school. He's married

What Girls Said 3

• Heck no it's not bad!! Don't listen to your "friend". Be happy that you haven't been with so many guys. I'm not a guy but I'm sure they would prefer a girl who Haden's dated to much. Be proud of who you are! Boyfriend or not! You are a strong independent women. Who doesn't need a man!

• Not bad at all, I didn't start dating until I was in college, but I didn't get with my first bf until after college... everyone is different, I have a friend who got married right after high school.

• No... good god no. there's a whole another life outside of high school. Think of high school as beimg an ending to a chapter of a book and your startimg a new one. Fresh start.

• Thank you! I like the way you phrased the ending of high school!

• Im older i know this. I dont remember almost anyone in high school bah haha. So it doesn't really matter. In high school good grades matter thats all.