Guys wouldn't be it easier if we just asked the girl out?

Us guys like to portray ourselves as simple people who aren't hard to figure out at all and we often criticize women for over thinking but aren't we guilty of doing the same? I see countless topics about mixed signals from girls and does she like me questions all the time, on a daily basis? I'm guilty of this too so why don't we just cut out the crap and just ask the girls out that interest us? No over analyzing, no wishful thinking, no spending weeks and months trying to figure the girls out. Why don't we just risk rejection to get to the answer we may or may not be looking for?

Sure we might be shy, we might hate the idea of being rejected, but is rejection really as stressful as having to over analyze every situation where we come into contact with the girl/girls we like? Always wondering "does she like me?"

I think every guy on GAG who likes a girl but is either too shy to make a move or doesn't know if the girl is interested should go up to the girl they like the next time they see them and just ask them out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! Thank you! Wise words!
    For me to follow too - I just need to ask the guy out. No analysing.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes. All of the yes. This goes for girls too.

• I can understand why girls don't and that's because society has always told women that they must let the man do the asking, so it's very much ingrained culturally. I agree with you though, I'd love to be asked out by a girl. It would make my entire week if that was to happen.

• Lol I guarantee you if me and you went out and asked out 10 people I would end up with 10 rejections and you would get at most 5-6 rejections.
      Sure you get rejected too but nowhere as much

• Sure but there's rejection and then there's total rejection with no success

• Spoken like a True Man... Honestly you deserve MH but unfortunately you can't get it =(

• YES YES YES x 9,000,000,000,000;000

• Yes! Guys listen to this wise man

• Have you ever had a girl reject you that you thought liked you?

• Yes on more than one occasion and most recently, the girl is now blowing hot and cold with me. One day she is warm, trying to get my attention and the next she is distant and ignores me, I find it quite cute and flattering that she is trying to get my attention. She'll have to work a load harder though, I don't bite easily.

• Yeah well that's why I never ask guys out.

• Ok, but the question was about guys not girls. :D

• I'm wondering everyday about that you've just written here.. Even if the girl rejects you, you shouldn't get upset or spread to everyone she's a slut just because she rejected you. Move on, there's plenty of signle girls out there.. And for God's sake, if you ask for a girls number, text her damn it. Especially if you showed interest in her... Also, if we (females) took everything from you, what would be left for you to try hard for.. Nothing, I guess..

• take*

• Never mind, I just agree with you

• I get the sense you are talking about gaming play and immaturity and I agree with you 100%. Whoever spread rumors like one you have said should be a shamed of themselves, that's below the belt. I do agree with your sentiments. If I like a girl and she's given me her number, I'm texting to confirm a time and date to meet up.

What Guys Said 8

• I think whenever we desire something in our lives we should go for it whether you're a man or a woman. If we don't take the initiative someone else will and we will have missed our window of opportunity. Waiting for things to come our way is never a successful tactic. Yeah we can take chances and fail but every failure brings experience and the chance to for greater success in the future. It's better to have tried for the chance of success than to have never tried at all which always leads to failure.

• I couldn't agree more and unfortunately I didn't learn this lesson until around two years ago, but I'm, delighted that I did, but I'm a lot more confident for it and I am prepared to take risks and gamble for a greater reward. Failure should be embraced, not feared.

• Indeed I'm 26 and still learning this

• You're spot on

• It's something which I am learning to do more often, I'm just wasting my time trying to read all the signs, so I'd rather just ask and get it out of the way.

• I wish I had learned it when I was single. Would have made my 20s a lot easier. That's why I'm so harsh on the guy teens/18-24 here.

• its intelligent logic to say that dude and i have always think the same way but at the same time i realized that girls like those little mind games and if you go on straight and ask them out they call you a weirdo.

• Let them call you a weirdo, who cares? Why waste time chasing after a girl who may or may not like it, maybe she just wants your attention to spends months stringing you along. I'd rather be called a weirdo than embarrass myself like a fool chasing after Hanzel and Gretel like breadcrumbs.

• I guess what I can say is that I'm a work in progress...

• That's more than acceptable, we're all works in progress...

• That's right we are all a work In progress, I guess I can say that if you are generally happy with yourself and you are a generally happy person overall, you'll be fine talking to people. If you are in a positive state of mind, (that's a big one) you'll do good with people, even unfavorable situations wouldn't hurt as bad if you are in this state of mind, joyfull, happy and positive, there's got to be more to it I'm sure but I thought ill share this three. Take this 3 and it'll make a lot of difference in anyone, and since women love a confident guy I guess in part confidence comes from being all this 3 huh?

• Yessss you are right... but wisdom comes with age.

• You're 23 and you've displayed more wisdom than most, so when are you going to adopt this approach? :D

• Lol which girl?

• Whatever one you like unless there isn't a girl you like at the moment?

• No thanks. I'll take the overthinking any day

• By choice. If I were to approach it would be lots of it

• So what? That still doesn't mean that the rejections wouldn't hurt. A rejection is a rejection.

• Fuck that. Rejection is like shooting my self-esteem in the nuts with a canon ball.

• Rejection is not n ice, but is it really worse than wracking your brain for weeks and months over a girl's behavior towards you?

• shouldn't be able to come across very often*

• I've seen guys ask questions about a classmate they never speak to, but maybe they catch each other looking at each other sometimes. A classroom could be 20 people, it could be 100. In such situations, it's like approaching a complete stranger. In that case, I can understand why they may ask the questions.

• It's all about power... and who's willing to give it up