Why do older males like younger girls?

Why do older guys hit on younger girls? Seriously It's like they are pedo's and they freak me out... :s

-When I was 14 a weirdo tried to get me and my friends Facebook account and phone number and he was about 30 (I do think he was a drug addict thought :p).
- When I was 16 a man around his forties hit on me... (pukes)
- last month (I started working in a factory where a lot of males worked) I got a lot of male attention especially from the older ones, I got asked out by a 27 year old dude and a few other ones were flirting and stuff... :/
And I ain't even mentioning the men on Facebook :s

I find it so weird and often disgusting these guys are like 8 - 10 years older as me, and I look like I could be 15 or so. What the heck is wrong with them? Don't they feel ashamed? And yes I could understand if the girl in question looks a lot older than her real age, but come on in my case I look like a minor for god sake!

Most Helpful Guy

• Reminds me of that show "Catch a predator." People are setting up fake profiles on social media catching these guys a lot. I honestly feel they aim to take advantage of girls' vulnerabilities since they can't get women their own age. I find a lot of girls who are younger are not knowledgeable on sex in general. I tend to hook up with older women myself. Just feels better. Only downside is many girls have this silly notion that "guys mature faster" and don't assess people on an individual basis. My brother had an ex that used to work at Lowe's as a contractor cashier. She eventually quit from the super old men hitting on her constantly.

What Guys Said 13

• There's no magic that makes grown ups only attracted to people within a couple years of their age.

Men are more likely then women to approach younger because men value appearance more, life experience and maturity and wisdom and status less then women do.

I know data from the dating site okcupid has shown that 30 year old men send more first messages to 18 year old women than 30 year old women. It's how the world is.

Grown men hitting on you at 14 are weird. Grown men hitting on you at 16 are hopefully making an error. By the time you hit 18, guys much older then you will try, and by early 20's, most men of any age if they think you're interested might give it a shot.

Being attracted to prepubescent women is pedophilia, and odd.

Being attracted to women at the peak of their fertility age is normal.

I also don't think based on your one picture currently that you look like a minor.

• Usually once girls hit 15-16, they look like women, albeit sometimes slightly smaller women. Life and gravity hasn't taken it's toll on y'all yet, so y'all have a much tighter and fresher look.
    They don't feel ashamed because a lot of girls around that age are into older men, so they figure it's worth a shot.

For the record, pedo refers to someone that likes prepubescent children.

• Primal genetic programming cannot be completely abolished by legal legislation and social standards.

Any young female of child bearing age (aka she is able to get pregnant) is going to attract men for human race survival reasons engrained in our DNA.

The main thing is for guys to not act on these said primal urges with what said society considers under age of consent, to avoid social and legal persecution.

So the idea of males of ALL ages being attracted to young females is here to stay, and those urges are way more common than u notice.

Those guys simply don't act on those urges, to avoid social and legal punishment.

• Because these creeps get older... and girls stay the same age...14 VS 30 Is a crazy margin... im 37 and would feel out of my league by dating anyone under 30... you must have a more classic and mature look that fools these creeps into thinking you can handle them... somthin'... maybe theyre 15 on the inside... hahaha

• it just depends on the guy. me i find younger girls very disgusting honestly. when a 15 year old girl hits on me i walk out because they look like a child to me. it really depends on the guy because me i prefer a girl around my age or a little bit older than me

• Yea I've had this problem at my second job. I work with many high school kids who come and go.

Thankfully they give underage kids a different color name badge so I have 100% proof they're underage too.

• 1. you look about 24
    2. guys like younger. We have no interest in women our age.

• O, Old Horses eat young grass. Pretty normal.

• As long as she's over 18 it's all good

• But your listed as 18 to 24 so fair game be flattered why wouldn't we want younger is the question

• I think as long as a guy/ girl are legal age of consent, let them date and let them do what they want
    if you want date guy your age only that's on you , if a guy is age 46 and wants date a 18 year old girl let him do it , he isn't killing no one. Yes i agree too many creeps in the world of Internet I just reported one creep who was trying to "Catfish" me , i knew a guy who married a girl age 16 and he was age 39 not dam thing cause her mother gave him guardianship of the girl and he signed to marry the girl everything was legal so you see what i mean it's life. I think you have set yourself up to be hit on by the creeps you need start reporting them.

• Sad but true, these are some of the reasons why guys go in for younger women:

* They are not threatening, almost child-like.
    * They can be easily controlled.
    * They have less of their own mind.
    * More likely that they need your money.
    * More likely they will look up to you (because you've achieved more compared to their age).

In my case, I do have a soft spot for older women though. I find younger ones too demanding and sugar-daddy-wanting...

• I find older women very appealing too. :)

• True, they have a charm of their own...

* Non-fussy over their sexuality.
      * No daddy issues.
      * Will meet you half-way on most things.
      * They won't think that it's YOU who have to take care of THEM every time!
      * Very sexy!

• I don't like older women no offense. I like younger women. 18-20.

• I mean girls my age don't approach me either. The girl that approach me are 16 or 25 and I'm in the middle at 20 so I know how you feel. I have took much pride to approach a highschool girl though cause im in college. I refuse to be a a 20 year old going to prom lol it seems weird.

What Girls Said 10

• I find younger guys attractive, but as a woman I don't need to hit on them. I understand what you mean though and I think for the most part women view sexuality different than guys.

They think younger, fresher longer to reproduce. He think older able to take care of us and the children.

• It is disgusting, and they might say it's because younger girls looks best to them, but the truth is, they want some younger inexperienced girl to manipulate and control her. Younger girls also are not experienced and they can lie to them more easily/fool them and get into their pants... so you see, it's all for selfish reasons. These are NOT men who are mentally balanced and you are SMART to avoid them.

• You're wrong a lot...

• A pedophile is someone that is attracted to prepubescent children. 14 and 15 year olds don't fit into the prepubescent category.

It's unlawful? So if there we no laws against it, it would be ok?

• Pedophilia is used for individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger.[1][2] Nepiophilia (Infantophilia) is pedophilia,[13] but is used to refer to a sexual preference for infants and toddlers (ages 0–3 or those under age 5).[13][28] Hebephilia is defined as individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in 11-14 year old pubescents.[29

But it all ranges under the same term : pedophile

• I don't know its normal, you seem disgusted, but a lot of girls/women like their men older. i know i do, so please don't speak about men in this way of them being all perverted. its normal for guys to hit on younger girls. plus you don't look like a minor at all.

• I think a few years older (max 5) is no problem but some are nearing 30! Hell yes I am disgusted... and no not all men are perverts but some of them were :p

• no not really... or not in my opinion.

• He's talking about purely physical maturity (as in puberty and being physically capable of reproducing)

• I don't know why they do it, but it's hoooooooooot!!

• Yea, when I was 13, a 40 year old dude asked me out.
    I think they are sad old men, trying to take advantage of young girls.

• I don't think that you look like 15.
    Far away from 15 if I'd be honest.
    20-23 maybe c:

• First of all, I think men have absolutely no concept of age. I mean obviously they can tell if you're 18 or 35, but between like 16-25 is up in the air. Also, as you get older people aren't so weirded out by age gaps. And I don't know if this is true or not, but I feel like older guys think that the younger you are, the tighter you are, so that makes them want you too.

• And also, I definitely like my guys older as do most girls. So take it as a compliment!

• I'm fourteen I've had older guys come up to me even at thirteen but I look older than I am I'm not really bothered by it as long as when I kind of say no they just accept it and just go away oh and also as for checking people out I've noticed many people do that but again I'm not bothered by it you can look but no touching haha and as for in general guys asking out younger girls say 10 years younger aslong as the girl has passed a certain age I don't see that as anything wrong its quite normal for a 10 year age gap in very commited relationships even with kids.

• While I like to consider myself someone whose not super conservative or traditional, and that includes when it comes to age gaps, the fact that men who could be as old as 45 are commenting saying that once a girl's 18 she's "fair game" is sickening. There's something completely different between a 26-30 year old woman dating a 40 year old man. BOTH are mature adults. A 40 year old man dating an 18 year old? No. At 18 you are just barely considered a legal adult and in many ways have lots of maturing and self-exploration to do.

• Inb4 noblesse oblige
    He likes skinny girls yet he is fat
    I bet if a fat Asian chick approached him he would say hero