So guys and girls your opinion of a dating site?

there are so many of them now:POF, Match. com, Harmony... so do you think it's a good way in finding someone? or your prefer still to look through friends, work etc.

i believe that some men are dirty on there. not offence to men.. but imagine how many girls they slept before and then come to you... ooops!

so what's your opinion on this? would you register there to find love etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• usually girls who go to them sites are just looking for attention and validation and are never serious. i tried it once and it never turned out the way i hoped, never actually being together in person or just cut off, but if you know what your looking for make sure you explain it under your profile, and dont get upset if a guy mentions sex cause guys are there and are desperate

What Guys Said 9

• I've had profiles on POF and OKC for years pretty much and the quality of girls is piss poor from what I see. I know of many success stories. But guys whine about girls not replying. They fail to see the bullets they're dodging though. One girl who knows me caught my profile in the activity feed and has no intentions of getting serious, yet she's overweight, has 3 kids (starting from when she was 16) and can't do anything for herself. I also see girls wanting guys with fancy cars, high end degrees, etc, t. They openly state what they feel the "deserve" in their profiles.

I've heard of tons of the "hook up" requests, but they're easily ignored if the woman has thick skin.

I don't recommend pay sites. I've seen all the same profiles on there that are already on the free ones. Plus there's just as many scandals there. It's really no different other than a somewhat slower pace in messages coming. Worst of all, on most pay sites like match, you cannot tell if most of the profiles are paying members so you could potentially see one and that person can't reply without signing up.

• i been of POF. Deleted myself! it never did for me.. all men i seen wanted just casual/ sex/ no commitment fling.. and i don, t want it..

• I'm honestly not surprised. When I first started using craigslist for casual hookups (which has worked for me) I'd get homosexuals and bisexuals begging to suck me off offering money as well. It took months before they gave up but they eventually did.

• that's disgusting!

• People I know have had far better luck with certain paid sites.

And if you can't date with people you meet in person, online won't magically change that.

What it does is widely increase the number of people you meet, but there's plenty of competition too.

• I have a profile on ZOOSK... because i live in the middle of nowhere i have no choice and its even hard to find someone thats not too far away... but the good news is that everyones single... but here's the thing about these dirty men... unlike myself etc... they probably dont warn you in their personel info that they aren't looking for flings.. or fuck buddies..

• It's interesting in concept, but only the people who can't seem to find someone by any other means ends up on those, which makes it slightly risky and concerning at times. Of course, you CAN get lucky, you can get lucky with anything.

• I don't trust dating sites too many let downs and I been hassled lot times on them sites so i gave up

• Not for me. Trying to have a conversation online is always tricky because sometimes humor and sarcasm can be misinterpreted. When talking to women, I need to be able to observe their body language and the tone of their voice to know if they're interested.

• It's easier to get attention if you're a chick. But at the same time, it's worthless and a good way to waste 5-10 years of your life.

• Good for hookups i guess

• Its okay for women but for men, no. I have tried and the women seem to be too picky. I guess since they have a lot of men trying to talk to them they diss a lot of them.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it can be a good way to meet people if you have trouble with that in real life, but you'd find a lot of sketchy people probably. I don't know if I'd register for one of those sites... maybe if I get lonely enough one day. I'm super shy, so meeting guys online would make things easier for me, but I've had enough luck so far not to bother.

• I've tried it. It doesn't work.

• I've had an OKC account, you have to filter a lot of people out. Out of the 50 messages I get, I replied to two or three that did not seem like they were going to A) Murder Me B) Give me a disease

I've actually met two guys from OkCupid and we actually ended up becoming good friends. One, as it turns out. Actually had mutual friends with me (IRL), the other was cute and we were on the same wavelength. I would be VERY cautious though. Love? No Friendship? Maybe