Do a you think it is inappropriate for me (I'm 17) to be dating a guy who's in his mid to late 20's?

So, this isn't quite your normal I want to date an other man thing. I graduated high school at 15 and now I'm a med student. All the men in my life are in their 20's. Am I so posted to go on a man hunt for a guy my age when I already have a connection with someone else? And if I were to date a guy my age he wouldn't have the same experiences as me. I just tend to find they are so immature. So what are your opinions on my problem.

• Date a guy your own age!
  • Older isn't that bad!

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this is out of the question but how are you in med school already! I mean lucky you I wish I could've done whatever you did! Kinda jealous. But yes in a few years it won't matter just try to keep it under 30

What Guys Said 10

• I would personally stick with your own age because these older men I notice are only interested in young girls sexually and that's it. So your dates will likely be filled with the guy trying to screw you and they'll feel 100x more confident that you'll just go along with it leading to very uncomfortable dates.

• The guys I'm interested in aren't online. I see them in my everyday life. They go on dates with other girls I know who are in their 20's. The men in my med class aren't predators. They are intelligent respectable men. I don't understand why people keep answering the question without reading the details.

• Date a guy your age, or around it. Age isn't just a number.
    Imagine this: You two go out on a date, when one of his friends makes a joke. You don't get the references within, then he says: "Oh yeah, you were like 12 when that happened, weren't you?"
    Realize that when you were 5, he was possibly in high school, or at least about to leave middle school. Age gaps can be very problematic because you two can't always relate to each other.
    Besides, there are plenty of single men around your age!

• Yes but think about this o date a guy around my age. What do we have in common? He's finishing up high school and I'mIin my second year of med school the same thing would happen to him when hanging out with my friend as you say would happen to me. So you encourage 2nd year university students to date high school students? That's what your proposing. Experiences or age. Guys in university at least have similar experiences to me. Guys my own age and I have nothing in common. That's worse to me.

• chicks dig power and maturity
    guys dig youth and beauty

seems like you're doing it right to me :)

• You can't help who you fall in love with

• As long as you keep it under 30 at 17, after you become at least 22 I'd say it's fair game.

• Not inappropriate, it's okay.

• This would be a better world if more females would date males their own age.

• Maybe when you're 18. I meet girls in their early 20s regularly who have boyfriends up to 10 years older than them. It seems pretty common place.

• Well, it's legal here where I live, I don't know about you... but, you have to ask yourself, is it moral... and that comes from your own beliefs.

• It's only illegal to have sex. Not date.

• So am I. I won't send one of my classmates to prison cause he made me mad. Besides with that logic it's dangerous for any guy over 18 to even know any girl under 18.

• Now you know the meaning "guys and girls can't be "just friends""

• Age is just a number. Love who you will love, don't let society tell you otherwise. You're practically legally an adult, and clearly mentally you are already there. It's not like you suddenly go through some massive change when you wake up 18 years old. You do what comes comfortable to you, don't conform to others standards.

What Girls Said 10

• In a year or a couple of months from now, when you're 18 you will be seen as a legal adult.
    None of this will matter.
    I say talk to him if you have attraction to him, but don't do anything sexual until you are of age.

• You graduated at 15? wow and I am going to med school at 18 : Good for you! :)
    Well I personally don't go for guys that are more than 4 years older than me, did that once and realized we had nothing in common, but I have friends (we're 17) that had boyfriends or still have of 22 and 23 years old. I mean I would advise you to go after guys older by max 4 years , but you're already in med school and dealing with an adult life, so in the end it is your decision :) , based on what you have in common, how panicky your parents will react haha and so on.

• My parents are pretty chill. The only men at all similar to me are around 6 to 10 years older. So I don't have many options.

• Yes, yes it is.

• I don't think it's bad as such... and if your a very mature 17 year old it could work. After all men do mature later than us girls do.. HOWEVER, you need to be wary because he has been in "the game" longer than you have. He knows the right words to say to girls to 'woo' them... you need to be careful he isn't using you or manipulating you in anyway.

As long as you take caution, and make sure that he's sincere with his feelings towards you then that's ok.
    Older guys (particularly in there 20's - early 20's) sometimes try and snag a younger girl because they know that they are naive, and easier to keep around... just keep all that in the back of your mind - and you'll be ok!

• "After all men do mature later than us girls do"
      Sorry but... no. People mature individually at their own pace!

• Well of course people mature in their own pace... but it's even scientifically proven that males brains mature latter than females. Parts of their brains actually develop later than females... He could be a mature 20 year old.. I don't know, I don't know the guys - I'm approaching it from a 'matter-of-fact' point of view.
      Cheers.

• I'm sure it's harder to find guys your age in the position you're at right now. I would say it would be smarter to wait until you're 18 because it's more ethical and you don't want these guys getting in trouble.

• I personally feel that's inappropriate. Coming from the view if my daughter was dating a guy that old at 17 she'd be in serious trouble and I would never condone it.

• I live on my own... my mom understands. All my friends are 25-28 in that age range. I blend in just fine. If I dated a guy my own age then that's saying it'sokay for other uuniversity students to date high schoolers?

• It's wrong he's a pig and probably a pedophile

• This site is full of older men that want to date younger girls just to have sexual things with them, not serious with them, just fun. Then unto the next. Not that guys your age, don't want the same thing, but you will look bad with someone in their mid 20s. You don't have nothing in common. I say try finding someone that's a bit closer to your age. I'm 19 and someone around 25 is too much for me.

• Yes but me and most people in their mid 20's are at the same place in live. University. We have many things in common.

• I find nothing wrong with it