Dating and age advice pleaseeee?

I'm 16 (17 soon), what's the maximum age guy I should date? I feel like I don't look 16 though, I feel like I look younger? I need some opinions on how old I look please? I also feel like I act mature considering my age.

I have also left high school which means I'm about to start college.

Most Helpful Guy

• Date any age guy you want, but be aware that older guys who want to date you are likely either painfully shy and can't handle girls their own age...

Or they see you for who you are and like you as a person.

Which sounds great, but what you want in a relationship may be different from what a 20+ year old guy wants in a relationship.

Don't date older unless you're ready for the implications.

What Guys Said 8

• Once you hit college you can really date any age you want. However, that said, I would avoid guys over 21 just because what are you going to do when they want to go to the bar? When guys turn 21 a good majority that are in college want to hit the bars and I know there are some that allow 18 year olds, a lot are 21 and up, so it makes it very difficult. I dated a girl that was 19 when I was 21 and she used to complain when I went to the bar because she was worried I'd be hitting on older women or vice versa. I finally broke it off because I wanted to go to the bar with my buddies and I didn't think it was fair for her to be left out of that or to be constantly worried about it all the time.

• I'd say like 21 might be a good age to stop at or whatever age is legal for bars where you are , as you likely aren't going to be dating guys old enough to go to bars but more than likely the ones who aren't yet old enough

• Generally you won't be doing yourself or your potential partner any favors if he's too old. As rules go, that has exception, but in most cases, and from my experience, it seems to be the case.

What age you look or feel isn't necessarily so important. You'll find there are a lot of bearded 30 year old's trapped in 18 year old boy's bodies and vice versa. Some of the worst teenagers I know are in their forties.

What do you want from a relationship? That's the relevant question.

You look around 18 to me, by the way, but I'm horrible at judging people's age.

• You're old enough to date anyone that treats you well. As long as you aren't being used you might find older guys treat you with more respect and are open to learning about your feelings and thoughts.

• I'd say 3 years. Any more than that I would consider creepy :L

• Also: as to how old you look, hard to say given the picture doesn't show much of your face, but my first guess would be around 16 anyway :P

• UK? Any age you want. 16 is legal.

• You really should stay away from dating in college at 16, almost 17. That's too risky

• i personally like younger girls, its like taking their hand and showing them the world of affection and how it feels.

if you want opinion on you looks, i like it, i don't get turned off by braces or any such things on some girls.

if you feel you look younger, then you should be happy about it, you are healthier, and guess what every women wants to look younger as much as they can. and this is the reason makeup is made. if you are naturally younger than i believe innocence can be seen in your eyes.

What Girls Said 6

• Divide your age by 2 and add 7 then take the difference and add it to your age to get your maximum.

So...
    17 / 2 = 8.5
    8.5 + 7 = 15.5
    17 - 15.5 = 1.5
    17 + 1.5 = 18.5

18 and a half should be your maximum age. :)

• Thankyou for that, how do you know to do that? That is a strange way of finding the right age.

• You're in the UK woo! Go GB haha. This site is mostly Americans so they will think you're in high school as they go to college at 18, we go at 16. I'd say never date anyone above second year in college. I should know I dated in college and older is certainly not better at that time of your life.

• Date what's legal

• Based on the way you write and what you are asking, you dont act very mature. you are just like any other 16 year old, I think. If you are 16 date guys 18-16 years old.

• just stick to highschool guys

• I'm not in high school so I see that as being a problem, I suppose that is something that I should've stated in my question.

• Agreed, also, don't just assume all guys your age are immature and therefore not dareworthy -- I only recently turned 17 and i'm fairly mature, albeit with some exceptions, but overall its just an example that not all guys are immature! :P

• I'm just telling her to stick to that age to avoid legal trouble

• Depends on age of consent where you are at.