Why would a non boyfriend act possessive or tell a girl what to do?

This guy is like this and he didn't do it with anyone else
He was also just only as asshole to only me, but would always come talk to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on his relation to you. A "non-boyfriend human male" could be your father, your brother, your cousin, your friend, your acquaintance, your rabbi... the list can get quite extensive and the explanations vary depending on which one he is.

Do you mind clarifying?

• A co worker or friend

• A coworker would likely see you in some sort of subordinate position and behave in ways that keep you there. He may have title or seniority over you, or may desire title and seniority over you. Perhaps he's afraid of feeling emasculated if the tables ever turned.

I don't see how a friend would behave that way, but I suspect that this guy could be acting facetiously to try and see how you would handle it. In other words, he's joking around with you and you don't seem to pick the "joke" part out of it. That's just what I tend to do personally. If I like a girl I'll nudge her and see how she takes it. This determines compatibility.

He could also think that acting like a macho bad boy is what you find appealing. He's trying to appeal to you in some way. That's as far as I can speculate.

What Guys Said 2

• Because some people are weird like that. They're mostly immature and don't really see the error of their actions. Don't trust them in this state.

• I've done it before , was likely cause I felt really close to the girl or felt we were more than friends. some girls are weird for things like this , some like the attention or like the guy taking the lead , others feel he's too controlling

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys are just protective over some girls. Its cute.