Girlfriend refuses to "fight back"?

You are a dating a girl for a little while now. You really like her. She also happens to be a "poster girl" for feminism.

Problem: You feel a little too much like "the man of the house"

She doesn't really try to control any aspect of the relationship. It's like your word is final, you always make the moves.

What do you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• talk to her, maybe something is bothering her... Be calm and patient with her though, you don't wanna scare her. Maybe she just is that type of girl or she just honestly agrees with you (which isn't the case most likely though)

• If something is bothering her, why wouldn't say it?
      Why would she be scared?

• That kinda makes sense, but sounds in and of itself, like an oxymoron.

• talk to her, she knows herself better than female strangers on the internet ;)

What Girls Said 5

• You can't change her. You either accept it or move on to someone else more challenging if that's what you want

• Challenging I feel is kinda a strong word. The feeling of unshared control is the issue.

• You find her too passive it seems. I don't mean find someone challenging as in overbearing or dominant. I meant I think you want to be challenged and you want to feel like you are with an equal in terms of strength of personality. This girl isn't going to change, she is more laid back and easy going

• What do you want her to do? Punch you? Maybe it's not in her nature to be confrontational even though she is a feminist.

• You want her to tug back on the proverbial rope. The balance feels off.

• That's not feminism... do you know what feminism is

• People throw the word 'feminist' around far too often without knowing the term correctly. Maybe she's just content with the relationship.

• She's more passive, that's just who she is. If you can't deal with that then you need to find someone new

What Guys Said 1

• Reign as he head of the household, yet ask her opinions and value them

• That doesn't work. there's a reason its called a partnership.

• I grew up around "switchers". To be the total head is alien.

• The whole "man has the final word" concept isn't a thing where I come from.