Can Muslim girls date guys that aren't Muslim?

I want to ask out this cute Muslim girl in my class but I don't want to offend her.

Most Helpful Guy

• My best friend did that. It ended up with death threats, kidnappings, the girl being tied to a chair, guns, and dramatic escapes in the night. That kind of drama went on for over ten years. The couple dated secretly all that time under constant fear.

They ended up eloping. Even after that her family would not accept it, especially the family "back home". After they were married, eventually they agree to go through a second marriage, a Muslim marriage this time. The family finally kind of accepted it then.

It's not just the girl you need to find out about, but her whole family, including extended family back home. Even with a somewhat westernized family, the extended family can put tremendous pressure on them. If you do it, make sure you know what you are getting into, and do it up front. Even if they know this is how it's done in the west, even if they really try to adapt, it can be very hard for them to do.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on the Muslim girl. Islam is a tight religion. But there are muslims that aren't that religious. I would guess the Arabic girls in the states would date dudes that are not muslims since their families more than likely fled their homeland to be here so they didn't have to follow Islam.

• Not if they're hardcore about their religion

What Guys Said 2

• Theologically they can't, then again theologically they can't listen to music that has both a male and female singer and involves instruments, neither can they use their left foot to walk in to a place of worship and are not allowed to use their right hand to greet none believers.

So it depends on if she's religious or not, in Islam. Only the men are allowed to date none believers because women are viewed as mentally weaker and will lose the faith

• Just remember, arabic dads are scary as fuck