Girl I'm seeing is pissed that I was on dates with other girls even though I told her we weren't exclusive?

So I have been seeing this girl for a while. She nice, funny, and all around pretty great. Anyway recently she been getting upset about me going on dates with two other girls. I was up front with her and told her I was just dating around a bit and didn't want anything exclusive. I did the same with the other two girls and they were both fine with it and knew about my dating other girls. My question is why if a girl was looking for an exclusive relationship she would willing date a guy who she knew didn't want one?

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of girls will say they're okay with a non exclusive thing but secretly hope that the guy will change his mind. My advice would be, to apologize for hurting her feelings and if you weren't being clear before (even though it sounds like you were), and just state that again, you think she's a great girl but are not interested in pursuing an exclusive relationship with her, and you'll respect her decision if she wants to put and end to whatever you guys are doing. Good luck though, I hope it all works out. :)

What Girls Said 9

• its most likely cause she was beginning to like u a lot more than she thought she would. and when a girl starts to like someone more, they dont exactly like it when the guy they like is "seeing" other people... weather its exclusively or not. girls r sensitive so if u like her a lot then go exclusive, but if not then let her down GENTLY!!
    but if she's as amazing as u made her seem, then just see how it would go if u go exclusive with her.

• Maybe she thought she was great enough and if you saw that you'd pick her and not date around anymore. I guess women expect growth form men, and it's unrealistic, but you can't blame a nice, funny and all around pretty great girl for trying...

This bothers her more than she thought it would and I think she should go find someone who will want to be exclusive... obviously you're not the guy.

• Break it off if she keeps getting upset because it isn't going to work. I literally just got out of a situation like that with a guy, I was in your shoes didn't want a relationship and wanted to date around and he didn't like it one bit even though I was upfront.

• You guys are not just not on the same page and want different things from the relationship. If you can't honor this relationship with her to give her more, that's fine, but I think you both need to move on and let her find someone who CAN give her what she wants. If she is pissed it means you've hurt her feelings.

• The way you say that make it sound as if I lead her on.

• No I am not saying that, lol, I am saying, in the here and now, you guys are not on the same page - she wants more, you don't.

• She most likely thought she could change your mind the more you got to know her and was shocked that it didn't work. Before my boyfriend and I were exclusive I saw other guys for a bit, but when I realized all I wanted was him I pretty much cut other guys out. It might just be best to break it off and be friends since you guys are most likely looking for different things. But honestly, if you have a hard time cutting her off you may be more into her than you thought.

• What were you doing on your dates and who's place did you go back to afterward?

• Why would you assume I went back to some one's place. I'm just casually dating.

• Yeah like I told you before I'm not looking for sex. And maybe two months is I'm your mind, but not mind.

• *my mind

• Because she wants exclusivity. IF you don't like that, then leave her be. IF she is worth exclusivity, then stay with her. Don't worry about her choices. It's her choice to make and it's her emotions she has to deal with. She'll move on. But be up front with her.

• Like I said I was up front with her. I was just curious why a girl would knowing put herself in a position such as this. I mean she's a cool girl and all, but I'm just not ready for an exclusive relationship.

• Well she probably didn't expect that she would feel that way eventually.. you never know what happens in life. Sucks to be her. I guess

• She is falling for you and want you to be her alone. And you should ask your self too if you'd still want to continue the set up of your relationship because someone will get hurt in the end.

• Maybe she just really liked you so went for it hoping you'd like her enough to be exclusive. Hmm sounds to me you were super straight to though so she can't really be upset.

What Guys Said 0