My boyfriend is going away for a while and I dont know how to deal with it!?

My boyfriend is going to England for 24 days, and I know that its not that long but thats the longest we will ever be away and without being able to be in constant contact. I know that its a life changing trip for him (hes going to see his dad) but I can't help but feel sad that he's gonna be gone for so long. We are super super close.

I need some help with trying to sorta forget about it! How do I keep us together? How can I feel less guilty/upset that he's gone? What can i do to distract myself? Basically I just need some help pulling it all together you know.. Im worried that we will break up because of the pressure of the distance or whatever.. Help?

Most Helpful Girl

• My bf and I are currently traveling separately and won't see each other for almost 3 months. Its been 6 days and I'm already struggling, so I can see why you're dreading it lol.

All I can suggest is talk when you can and distract yourself when you can't.

What Guys Said 2

• Skype ya newb

• Everything is fixed with 1 thing. Sexting.
    Just maintain good texting and calling contact and sext every once and a while and you should be fine :)
    (You don't HAVE to sext but it helps a lot)

What Girls Said 4

• My boyfriend is in the army, he'll be gone on and off for three years. Just think happy thoughts you know he's coming back.

• Aww honey I can understand it. Its a long time almost like a month. But try talking to him via Skype or Kik or any such apps. You can hang out with your bff to feel less guilty about it. Or enroll yourself into some shelter or something which works for animals and stuff. But let me tell you one thing since you're very close to each other you won't break up. And try not to think about him that much while he's away that way your mental pressure will be less. Hope this helps. :)

• 24 days is nothing. Chat him through internet but dont demand too much time and ypu will be fine. The pressure of distamce isn't that bad since its not even a month and you will see each others soon.

• My boyfriend has been in jail for almost 2 years and has 3 more to go. You'll be fine.