Do guys typically mind if a girl has a baby? Or would that fact immediately send guys running in the opposite direction?

I had a baby a year ago and am not bad looking. I'm 22 and recently broke up with the guy I've been seeing since pregnant and was wondering how hard is going to be to get a new one. Opinions and thoughts on the subject welcome :)

• Yes, I would date a girl with a baby
  • No, I wouldn't date a girl with a baby
  • It doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• Based on my experience of friends, it's not been a big problem for a girl in your age range to find a guy who would like dating you. One thing good about it that the guys that do go for you will be of a higher caliber - more honest and of higher character and morals. In other words, they will already be men that like children and the rest will be up to you... how you are... how your look, your personality, your own character and morals, and your sense of humor, etc. Of course there will be some hold up of the run of the mill guys looking for a chick to go out with and worrying about finding a baby sitter/ I don't think marriage will be what most men will be thinking about right off when wanting to date you. Just have a good attitude about yourself and think positively. By no means start thinking you don't fit in, because you do! You can go to school, graduate, go to college, go out with guys if you think you can and want to. But make taking care of your child your upmost priority over anything else. Trust me, you can make it work. You should be admired for having your child versus aborting it or adopting it out even though the last option is a good one. But you chose the best one and that's keeping your own child because it's yours and looks like you and in many respects will act like you too. So good luck and know there are some pretty nice guys out there just waiting to be able to date you and get to know you better. .

• I think the opposite is true, in general - the men of higher caliber are able to (and more interested in) find stable women who don't yet have children, because I think most men prefer to father their own children.

• I think that those you speak of tend to be the more narrowly minded and egoistic when it comes to dating a girl. There is nothing about this woman that indicates she's not as stable as any other woman. In fact, the choice she made after finding out she was pregnant indicates she's more stable than many others. But true, many of these men will prefer to father their own children.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm only 17 at the moment but my opinion is yes. I would not mind at all if a girl had a baby cause I have always wanted to be a father since I was young. So I would definitely not mind and it would just help me connect with the mother and child more. To find guys that would accept it though is probably rare in the current age group since most people just want to experiment right now and just have fun. It's still possible for you to find one who will date you despite the child. It'll just be hard.

• I think that finding a guy in his twenties that's willing to potentially become a step father will be difficult. At this age, men aren't looking to settle down any time soon, and a child represents the ultimate commitment. You're definitely going to have a tough time finding a serious partner, but there are guys out there who'll be more than happy to accept both you and your baby.

But to be honest, dating really shouldn't be a priority for you right now. Focus on being a good mother and providing a stable home for your child, not on finding a mate.

• My baby is definitely my priority and was one of the main reasons I broke up with my last bf. However, I'm still a woman and have companionship needs (not sex) I'm also looking for a good father for my daughter BEFORE all the good guys are taken. I was mostly wondering the ratio of guys who would actually want to accept the situation rather than just seeing me as an outlet for sex.

• Can I ask you a question too?
    If a good guy was to date you now that yku have a child, would you love your child more or your man?

• I would absolutely love my child more than the man. I left my first boyfriend when I found out I was pregnant and he was far from a fit parent (no job, got high all day, etc.) also, the boyfriend after that I let him know from the start the baby came first and stuck to it. I was given up for adoption by my biological mother because I wasn't her boyfriend 's so I know what it's like to be a last priority to the person who's supposed to care for me.

• You have to see that what you are doing is also selfish towards the guy. So if that is the case, you are better off being single.

• Don't get me wrong, I have no grudge against your daughter, she is a precious gift from God and you should love her no doubt being her mother.

Just that from the perspective of a guy, especially when you hope to find a good guy, it is also not worth his while to be with you. You see, a good guy will devote and dedicate his life to caring for his wife's needs and have his children with her, the thing here is that your daughter ain't the good guy's child, so to love him less than a child that is not even his own to begin with, will naturally pit him off. Most good guys will want to marry a woman who does not have a child and isn't married before.

• I'm not sure if I want children, so for me to commit to a woman with a child or children is a no-no. I also object to helping raise another man's child/children.

• I'd ran as far as i could since dat baby isn't mine.. i ain't getting non-virgins to make it clear :3

• Yes I would date a girl with a a baby as long if she doesn't mind having at least one more with me.

• Definitely more planned for the future. Only this time I'll be married already

• I voted that it didn't matter. But I'd have to get in the relationship myself knowing that I would want a kid.

• I would be willing to mess around, but not have a relationship unless its my child.

• Single mothers are pump and dump, may seem unfair, but for me it's not worth it in the long run...

• Normally I wouldn't like the idea of dating a girl with a kid from another man however I always like to keep an open mind plus the best way for a guy to committ with you is if you have a kid with him because he would treat both kids as his own but it would be difficult to find a honorable man like but it is definitely possible

• I voted yes, but I would note that it is a red flag. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a red flag.

• I love stepdaughters but I hate stepsons.

What Girls Said 2

• It takes a great man to care for kids that aren't his. Eventually you will find one who will want to share that responsibility with you and love you both. Great men don't grow on trees so take your time selecting him, some wants just to have fun others want you not the baby, a few the whole package, be selective. Good luck.

• My boyfriend says that it takes a really really REALLY good guy to date a girl who has a kid and agree to potentially help raise said child.

And he also says he is not a good enough guy to do that.

I'd think it would be quite difficult to find a guy willing to take on a kid that wasn't his.