For the guys, would you date a girl who is slightly taller than you?

I am 5'9 and most of the guys that I hang out with are either the same height as me or shorter. I always have trouble finding a guy who is taller than me. Whenever I date a guy who is the same height as me, I can't wear heels. I always have to wear sandals and flats. No guy that I have dated has been taller than me. It is either slightly shorter or the same height. Would you feel comfortable dating a female who is slightly taller than you? for me, I get self conscious and a little embarrassed when I go out in public with my SO because of the height issue. Sometimes I wish I was shorter :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yeah, its not a problem at all. For me its a only a concern when you would feel uncomfortable due to it.

What Guys Said 15

• Yup, wouldn't mind some snu snu.
    www.quickmeme.com/.../...5dc815de6f53c50b814cb.jpg

• No way.. I would never want to look up to a woman..
    that being said... I am 6' 3"... so it has never ever been an issue in my life.
    I don't even want to look directly into a womans eyes so she needs to be no bigger then 6' and never wear heels. although why a woman wants to wear heels I cannot understand. those things are horrible.

• It really makes a formal outfit look much more nicer :)

• but your standing on your tippy toes the whole night. And no straight guy cares what kind of shoe you wear. so your only doing it for yourself and other women. that is crazy...

• I know you've probably heard this already a lot of times, but you really should be proud of your height. Besides, 5'9" isn't really that tall for a girl. There are a lot of girls who would love to be your height.

• Honestly, I don't think I would.

I'm 6' so this is rarely an issue" for me, but yeah, I think it'd bother me on some level.

• I personally don't see myself dating a taller girl, but 5'9 is okay :)

• Well I'm 6'2" so no, but I think if I was shorter I might.

• Ah smokahontas smokahontas. You know my answer, because I've replied to you on such matter before.

• Yeah, but I need to know from several other people. Not just one :p

• Ok. 🙋 Tree layer right here. Tiiiiiiimmmmbeeeeeeerrrr... I don't know felt appropriate to say.

• Definitely xD, all of my girlfriends have been taller than me (except for 1) and I didn't even kind of care. Height should not be a problem seeing as you are only 5' 9". 6ft+ is where it starts to get iffy.
    -Hope this helps :)

• It's a bit of a turn off, but not a deal breaker. I'm 6'2" so there aren't many taller than me.

• I think I would

• I would, I'd date a girl several inches taller than me too.

• i am 5' 9 i can date a girl till 6 ft but after that noo no no

• If she has legs as good as Sharapova.

• m heRe ;-)

• I'd be happy. Im 5'11'', so 5'9'' would be perfect for me. But I've asked out girls who were as tall as 6'2''. No problem

What Girls Said 3

• Try being 6'1" like me! I think it's one of the reasons I had no luck with guys in high school and early 20's.

• I know it sucks girl, I'm 5'10 myself. It either won't matter to the right guy and he'll think you being tall is beautiful, or you'll find a tall man for yourself & he'll love that you're tall. I found a 6'2 man for myself :) and he's perfect. But many guys that were shorter then me told me it was sexy and said some nonsense about models LOL. But either way, guys who think it matters are superficial. Who wants one of those?

• You are really not THAT tall. Where do you even live, if most guys are shorter than you? Most guys here, are 5'11 or taller.