He wasn't there for me. Am I right to be upset? Or am I overreacting?

Yesterday on the highway I realized I had a flat tire so I pulled my car over to a rest stop. I called my bf because he has AAA and I thought I could use his membership to get someone out to help me.

My bf refused me saying he only had one free call left with them and he was saving it for emergencies, etc. he wouldn't drive out either to help me though he was about 30 mins away. And then he asked me why I called him. I called him because he's my bf and I thought he would help.

Long story short, he wouldn't help me and I ended up calling another friend.

Am I right to be really hurt and upset right now? He didn't even try to help me. If the situation was reversed and he needed help, I would have tried more.

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he is an ass. Sorry to be this honest.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah.. I can understand that he doesn't want to give you his one free call but he should of found another solution for you. It's like he doesn't even care?

• He sjud have done smthng for u leaving alone like this is not a signs of a gentleman :/

• Learn to help yourself. A flat tire is not that hard to deal with. Hardly an emergency.

• maybe he was busy?

• Question: what was the status of your relationship as of the time you called him for help? Were you two in an argument, or any other extenuating circumstances?

Regardless, there are two sides to this. A good bf would have jumped to help you, and he didn't. If he is similar in age to you then he's a loser.

The flip side of it is the whole "I don't need a man" thing. What's up with that, ladies? Do you or don't you? If it had been him who had a flat, should he have called you?

What Girls Said 0