The guy I am dating was really rude to me - do I forgive him or is it a deal breaker?

I've been dating this guy for about 2 months- he seemed nice but stressed out as he lost his job recently. The other night I made him dinner and after he tasted the food he said "This is awful, you put no effort into this at all". Then I suggested a movie and 15 minutes into it he got up, shut it off and said "I couldn't take it anymore, this is the worst movie I've ever seen". When I called him out he said "I'm just a very honest person". Deal breaker?

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people who say they're "just very honest" or "blunt" are trying to make their tactlessness sound like a good thing, it's not. And no one should ever say that kind of thing to anyone, but if he's throwing that much shade after 2 months, run. Surely he isn't the only person who has ever been stressed out, the last time you were stressed can you think of something mean you said, just to be mean? Probably not, because you're an adult.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know about your guy but I can tell you about my experience.
    Long story short this girl cheated on her boyfriend with me for months I wouldn't have gone along but I was in love with her and she was in love with me but I felt she didn't have the courage just yet to leave so I went along with it. But every time there was any problems I never even argued with her because I figured she was under enough stress. But then one time she broke it off with me I felt so hurt that everything I had bottled up for months came rushing out and I was so angry at her that I was so mean to her I literally threw everything I could find at her just to try and hurt her feelings because she hurt mine. I was really sorry about it right away and when she left the car I apologized to her after 10 minutes. Actually I tried to tell her what happened an explain and tell her that I can prove to her in time that it was an incident because of the frustration.
    So I don't know about you guys but sometimes we people can become really horrible to somebody we really care about because of many circumstances but it's not the one time that makes a person bad it's everything together and then how a person react in similar situations again. I'd say talk to him about it and if it continues then it's a problem and then decide what and how to deal with it.
    I wish you luck on this.

• Absolute deal breaker. Consider yourself lucky that you found this out about him before you became official.

• Sounds like a spoiled kid. I would at least tell him that wasn't appropriate and see if he feels bad and apologizes. If he doesn't even feel bad or see why that was wrong, then it's a bad sign. Sure the guy was stressed about his job, but there you were trying to be there for him. If he no remorse then it's a dealbreaker. If he is apologetic then maybe not. But you don't want to get into a long-term cycle of abuse, apologize, abuse, apologize.

• Only child. Ditch his sorry ass.

• Well it's good that he's honest but he is very lacking in manners and seems childish

• What a fucking. dickhead!

• Dump that loser. Definite deal breaker. He has absolutely no respect for you and the effort that you put into making dinner.

He is taking for granted the fact that you made him dinner and he feels that it is your duty to do so and that is why he criticized the food you made.

• Yeah man, I mean I'm an arsehole, but I wouldn't behave like that.

• How can I be down voted for this comment? Mehhhhhh!!!

What Girls Said 2

• Wow, fuck that.
    If I were you I would tell him off and kick him to the curb.
    He is a major sour puss.

• No give it one last try esp if he apologies for his behavior. Maybe he was having a bad day

• I did ask him and he said I am just an honest person... asshole

• Wow then drop his ass! Most guys would be happy you cooked for them

• I know I would I think its such a turn on when girls cook for me