If a guy calls a girl "dude" yet acts interested what should she think?

I've been seeing a guy here and there for a couple of months and he seems to be interested in me. I've met many of his friends and even ones I haven't met seem to know about me. We've been out in social settings such as a bar or a sporting event, but also more intimate situations such as a lunch or dinner date (in which he always pays) however, he always seem to call me "dude" when texting me. Phrases such as "sure dude" or "thanks dude" have become quite frequent. Why might he be doing this? Is he trying to tell me to back off or could I just be overanalyzing the situation?

And if I'm not in the friend zone, is there any way to find out if he's actually into me or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Does he tend to use "dude" around other girls he knows, or other girls he may possibly be interested in? It could just be his vocabulary.

As far as your update, has he demonstrated any interest in you? If not, has he demonstrated absolute non-interest in you? If he pays for everything when you're with him, he's either a proper gentlemen, or he is interested in you. Could even be both.

What Guys Said 3

• Just a term of endearment. Seems like it is his favorite one. Check other friends to see what he calls them. Doesn't mean he isn't interested.

• Well... It could be something personal, so that he calls ANYBODY dude. Or he only acts interested. In any case, the only way you can find out why his calling you dude, is by asking him :) I am sure he won't mind the question... Especially not if he wants a relationship with you :)

GL!

• DUDE= he loves you.
    Or he has a crush

What Girls Said 2

• Dude is just a word... it doesn't mean anything. I call everybody dude.

• He probably calls everyone dude