Long Distant Relationships? What are your thoughts?

I'm in this long distance relationship with a guy who lives almost 32 hours away from me, we are constantly face timing and texting but its just so hard to keep the relationship going. I was just wondering everyone's opinion on Long Distant Relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• My opinion is that 99% of the time they don't work. I was once in one and i thought as long as our feelings didn't change we were golden despite the fact we couldn't do anything together, we could only talk over the phone with each other over text. But believe me not being able to hangout together or go and do things together gets really old pretty quickly, even when i realized this i stayed and we tried to make it work but the truth is as long as its long distance all it will ever be is talking. Someone here said that a lot of long distance relationships end in marriage i call bs on that, while trying to decide if i wanted to get into it i did research and such and most people who try long distance don't end up married. So my advice is don't waste your time and don't tie yourself down to just so you can talk to this guy and call him your boyfriend. I hope this helps you make up your mind.

What Guys Said 4

• I wanna say that I've been in a long distant relationship before. It lasted for about, 2yrs. One of the most crucial thing about long distant is that you must ALWAYS be honestly speaking to each other. How you feel about the relationship and etc. Trust is the most important thing, like the min the trust is broken then that is most likely bringing the relationship to a very near end.

As long as you both feel the same about each other, constantly talking to each other about how ones feels about the relationship and what you want to do to improve on it then nothing is going to go wrong : ) a lot of people ended up getting married through long distant.

• I won't do it, I tried when I was your age and I can't handle the distance. There's so many guys that are more local for you to choose from, and looking at your profile you shouldn't have a hard time finding one!

• i think if he really likes you he will go the extra mile to keep your relationship going

• Never! Not worth it!!

And you're under 18?

Well... it might keep you out of trouble, so maybe go for it... but sheesh its just not worth the work.

What Girls Said 1

• They're great for a while but it is never going to work out long term. If you are going to try it then make sure you see each other as often as possible so that you can talk about shared experiences and plans for next time other wise you won't be able to keep it up.