Using internet at 19 to meet someone a good way to go?

I'm a 19 year old girl, and as much as I love going to the pub and things with friends... talking to someone randomly on a night out, isn't me! I've tried online before and have had two boyfriends out of the experience, one long term, one shiry, should I keep going with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating online is not that different to "real life" dating. Just be careful, get the guy to your area for a first meet&greet and meet up with friends, not him alone. Don't send anything compromising (nudes) and be aware when you're on video chat, that the other one could be recording it.

• Yeah I know, just makes me feel a bit more confident, I can talk better, I'm quite quiet in person. Yeah, I've always at least been in a public place or with a friend! :)
      Oh, I wouldn't do that, and I will be careful but I wouldn't do anything like that on Web cam :)

• Yeah, no way back as we're already broke up three months ago and he's already engaged to someone else :( I'm still kind of going through the process as he was my first real boyfriend...

• It's going to heal. Take your time. You'll find somebody.

What Guys Said 6

• In the pub someone randomly on a night out, you'll find an ONS without any problem. Some could even stay a bit longer.
    Don't expect much more.

• Do whatever you feel most comfortable with darlin. Just make your first dates from online in very public places and never leave him alone with your food or drinks, let someone know who you are going with, where and when you should be back. There are a lot of creeps out there. Be careful. Those suggestions don't only apply to online dating, but the internet is full of liars and scum acting like good guys. Its not a bad way to meet people, just be careful.

• You can meet guys any way you want. Just know there's a reason why everyone who is dating online is dating online.

If you can't meet girls in real life you either don't have time, are extremely lazy, are crazy as fuck, have a small dick, are antisocial, or want discreet sex/are looking to cheat. So you just have to hope he's someone who doesn't have time rather than the other alternatives, but even then he won't be able to see you that often

• My two exs were ok (until they dumped me og course...) they could just be like me and are too shy to talk to people in person...

• That is true, I guess I forgot to put that. I actually thought that I did lol. Well if you like shy guys then that is a possibility too

• I say do online dating, but don't rely on it exclusively. :-P

• Yeah, I was thinking that :) as I am starting to go out more :)

• Precisely... definitely make sure in person is your primary way to meet people. :)

• I'll try, but I'm very shy!

• I dated a girl I met online for 2 years. i think it's easier to date online

• Keep going with this :p

What Girls Said 6

• I've sort of tried online dating and I found it difficult to find decent guys in all honesty... majority of the guys who I encountered on these sites were guys who had off putting habits that led me to think that it's the reason they experienced no luck in real dating.. An example... I ended up going on a date with a guy from a dating site who seemed okay-ish and heaven forbid I went into it very open minded but he talked about himself the whole evening and even admitted that he tried stalking me online after we started chatting 0_o To this very day he still bothers me on Whatsapp despite me saying it won't work between us... this isn't the only guy I've had such a experience with. But if it works for you then great... maybe I just have bad luck or something and attract the crazies... -_-

• My two boyfriends were great (until they dumped me of course :P) but I found a lot of guys were weird! I would love to try the more, shall we say, traditional route, but I'm just so shy!
      Problem is, my mum freaked when she found out about my ex, she saw me skyping him before he was my boyfriend and flipped, so he had to be a secret...

• Yeah what the hell... :D Just do it:)

• Just hope my mum doesn't find out thid time! She'll go mad...

• I'm 18 so I'm close to your age. I'm also shy so I'm not a person who can talk to boys like a boss. it would seem like a good way to go but you should do some background checks, you don't want to be catfished...

• 19 and online dating?

• Yes, because im too ugly to meet people face to face, internet is better for me as people get to know me first instead of just judging my looks

• what floats your boat

• If you've had luck with it, go for it.

• It might be a life changing experience :P

• I met a guy online when I was like 12. Granted, we were playing a game together online. We remained in contact at all times, being bestfriends through those years. Met irl, hit it off, living together now. Internet is a good way to go. You can meet a wide variety, just be careful. I've never used a dating site, I don't really know how those work. Be leary. Some people act very differently online, which will draw you to them, but turn out to be assholes in person.

• Awww that's so cute!
      I'll have to do the dating again, but yeah I know they don't... I'm always careful, I block weird people!

• I love that story.