Family doesn't like girlfriend because she's white and it's starting to hurt her. What can I do?

I've been dating this girl for seven months now. We met over a online roleplay and since then started a long distance relationship. We've facebook, video chatted, and even wrote letters and sent them. I've also he had chats with her mother and father and planned a visit for next month before college starts. Everything is going great except my doesn't like her because she's white and I'm black. At first it didn't bother her, but now I can tell it's starting to get to her. I plan on touring a college in her state and moving there that way I can be closer and we don't have to deal with my family. Any advice?

What Girls Said 1

• Unfortunately all you can do is love and support her. Also talking to your parents about why you like her might help them see past the differences in color. Has she talked to your parents yet? Is it just her skin tone or is there more to it that they haven't said?
    Some people don't want to change their views though and you might be forced to choose between her and your family. It's not a fun situation to be in and I wish you both the best.

What Guys Said 0