Do you think it's okay to date outside your race?

i'm not against dating outside my race and i find other races attractive too. I feel that i should be able to express and experience different things. But other people give me crap about liking guys of a different race and telling me that i shouldn't try because they don't find black girls attractive. is this true?

• Ew. No, Definitely not.
  • Sure, Why not.
  • No, I just wouldn't.
I'm more attracted to people outside of my race, i don't know why but it's just been that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's okay. People can be attracted to and date whoever they like whether that's someone of their same race or outside their race. It does not matter. Don't let other people tell you that you "shouldn't" date someone just because that person has a different racial background than you. Stand up for yourself and be with who you want.

What Guys Said 1

• Of course it's okay. I have before. Oh the look on my racist great uncle's face the time I brought a black girl home. Wouldn't trade that moment for the world.

• haha kind of reminds me of my dad. he's not racists, just pro- black.. my situation was pretty weird!

What Girls Said 3

• It's pretty sad that there are still people that have qualms about interracial dating.
    I usually am only physically attracted to people outside of my race. There have been exceptions, of course, but I'm just speaking in general.

Race is such an insignificant thing to me, though, and I live in a diverse area. Most of my friends have interracial parents themselves and my family doesn't give two craps about race.

• Great comment. I agree with you, it is very insignificant. I too am mostly physically attracted to people outside my race. It makes things a lot more interesting :)

• why is this a question? its ok to date whoever you want, dont listen to them, honestly if you click you click and if you don;t you dont, race doesn't matter in this case, just ignore those ignorant people who say that

• It's ok. More power to everybody but I wouldn't do it again lol