How to not fall for someone so easily?

I am a person who will fall for someone if they are really attractive and nice. I'm not use to be treated nice by guys so I take kindness for something more and get my heart broken. I'm in a point in my life where if I see a hot guy or if there's a guy flirting with me I just want to turn away not get into anything 'serious' because I'm tired of getting hurt. So how do I not get a 'crush'?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you say "I'm in a point in my life where if I see a hot guy or if there's a guy flirting with me I just want to turn away not get into anything 'serious' because I'm tired of getting hurt." However you are asking how to not get a crush?

It sounds to me you are doing just fine not getting involved?

I have a friend who believed there was something wrong with her, she'd nit pick every guy she dated from "he has a weird laugh" to he wears weird shirts." She thought she was going to be alone or she's got too much anger from her past relationship and you know what her problem was?

Nothing. Every guy she dated she picked something because something inside of her told her he's not right for her and right fully so. As i read inbetween the lines, i knew most of those guys were not right for her and her guy told her so.

When she told me about her now BF, i knew from the first 2 minutes that he was going to be her man.

So... don't worry about it, if you like someone... go for it, if not? then just turn away. Every relationship good or bad teaches you about your needs and wants in your next mate.

• Wow, thanks , You're right

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I am also prone to bad life decisions when boys are nice to me lol. I don't know if you can avoid a crush, but I usually ignore those feelings and distance myself from that person- if I can. The best way to stop falling so easily would be to get used guys being nice. Easier said than done. :/

• Yea definitly easier said then done but thanks

• Your welcome. Maybe you could try focusing your effort on making girl friends instead of a boyfriend.