Should these things bother me in my relationship?

So he is a manager and is supposed to celebrate his staffs b days, he got his coworker a bday cake and the same for me and that was my birthday gift. Should this bother me? He is always ignoring me and when I want to talk about the problems we have he just says I'm psychotic.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, if he feels that you mean something more to him, he would have already gotten you a) a nicer cake, from an awesome cake shop b) if he is already rolling big guns like that for you and his colleagues, he better be getting you something else to go with that cake (C) bring you to a nice dinner, cook you dinner, or whatever.

Its seems a little over-rated, but if he fails to give more of a damn anymore, maybe he's gotten used to you being just you, and nothing more.

Either live with this situation and accept your fate that your relationship is not getting any better, or tell him about it, and if he says you're psychotic, just say "No, I just want to mean more to you"

Sometimes I think most couple fall into the "too comfortable" zone... and that's probably not fun any more.

What Guys Said 2

• you shared the same cake? He seems pretty cheap, and doesn't seem to like you very much.

• That's the thing he isn't so cheap when he doesn't want to be

• He tells me I'm psycho when ever I ask him to go out or do something together outside of the home

• He seems to be self centered, I'm sure he cares about you.. but only because you make him feel good. He is weak inside and needs somebody there to make him feel good. When you stop making him feel good, he doesn't feel like putting effort into you, because he needs to focus on himself again.

• So him not getting you more than a cake or him calling you psychotic are the bothersome things?

• Yeah, if he loves me as much as he says he does shouldn't he show it and if I Wana let him know something he said hurt me I should be able to without being called names, and he has a good job and all so no financial issues

• Not necessarily my wishes but yeah I'd like to feel like I'm special to him

• Tell him that. But you say you did. He calls you psychotic. Will he change? Can you change a person or can they change themselves?

What Girls Said 4

• Break up with him. It should definitely bother you. If all he did for your birthday was celebrate it at work like he does for every other employee? You deserve better! And you have a right to be able to talk to him about things. This is just a small issue, if he refuses to talk about this, then he'll never want to talk about the big important things. Good luck! I know it's hard but I think you should end it.

• If he avoids issues with you over something as minor as birthday cakes, imagine how bad it'll be when you have a really serious problem to discuss. It sounds like he doesn't value you enough to want to fix things, so get out of there! You're wasting your time with someone who doesn't make you feel good about yourself--never do that :)

• Ehhh that would probably irk me a little bit. I'd like to be treated better than my boyfriends employees/coworkers.

• You have every right to be upset if you expect more and are willing to give more yourself. Don't bottle things up. As a boyfriend he shouldn't ignore you and if he knows something is bothering he should at least make an effort to keep you happy. If a guy is not willing to listen to you then he's not worth it.