Does an average looking girl have a chance with a good guy?

I've been told often I'm very average looking which I'm okay with :3 but the guys I seem to attract are mostly always very creepy and with a few acceptions quite awkward , and not really my type. Do you think I would ever be able to attract a cool or attractive guy looking the way I do?

When I say 'attractive' I don't really mean looks wise , more just an attractive and magnetic personality :) like funny and just calm and nice and stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• We all attract those who are on our level. Those beneath you will try their odds, but you realize they are beneath you, so you're rejecting their advance.

The only issue is that you may be doing the same thing they are doing: reaching too high above.

You are struggling because you're making the same mistake those "creepy" and "awkward" men are. Trying to land someone beyond your value.

• I'm not currently pursuing anyone and haven't for a while , but I only ask as recently a few guys have been 'making moves' I guess who are very creepy and I was wondering if these types of guys are all I'll ever get , and if I should simply settle with these types of boys as I can't get better? Looks aren't too important to me at all , I just would like to find a guy out there who has a good personality who also would be interested in dating me or something :)

• Mark, your observation is astute, per usual I presume. ;-)

• haha..
      @ I agree to his post.
      Please date only that parallel to your level, never ever try to think, never ever to try to get him if that guy is out of your level, i mean there's a millions of good guys in our level. The secret of relationship is not about looks and Grandeur stuff. But contentment. i been there, i tried hard to reach those unreachable ladders. (Maybe my life experienced was corrected by God , since my Motto is "To reach and overpass even the boundaries of God") that is why im still single until now. hahah. So learn from my mistakes.

What Guys Said 17

• Hi Demii, I looked at your profile before answering and see that you would describe yourself as a "Gamer" and that you're from the U. K. Well, I don't know what it's like over there, but over here in the U. S. most guys are not falling head over heals for women who would describe themselves as so. I know "Gamer" type dudes and a lot of them still go crazy over what society is conditioned to thinking a beautiful woman should look like. That's just the way it is. I'm not telling you to change who you are. I'm just trying to let you know that it might be more difficult. So, I would suggest that put more effort into meeting men and try to be a little more flexible in who you're willing to date. I guarantee that you'll begin to meet more open and flexible men as well.

And as for creepy guys, I would definitely say that a lot of guys get labeled as being creepy because they are shy, timid, and/or awkward around women from being nervous. I've seen numerous friends experience this and they couldn't be any farther from creepy. They just get nervous. Next time you watch a RomCom, try to objectionably look at the actions the male lead does throughout the movie. If those were done to you by an average looking guy instead of that hunk movie star, would you view him as dreamy or creepy?

• Shy isn't creepy its kind if cute , creepy is being just down right weird like saying 'I love you' after like 2 weeks of knowing each other and being extremely pushy , these are the things the guys I sometimes attract do. Also I hate Romcoms xD they are bs.

• I'm not going to change my interests for a guy but I accept it may be harder for me :)

• Yea, I don't know anything specific about your situation. I was just trying to inform you on general obstacles that I notice when I see a situation like the one you're describing.

• Maybe the guy thinks of himself as average and you as good looking. Beauty is all mathematical ratios and shit that is too complicated for the guy you like to understand so go for it and I guarantee that he'll want to sleep with you before you even approach him.

• Haha I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder :3 thank you!

• Sure. Looks are only one part of attracticeness and you're fine on that score anyway. Most of it is chemistry. Guys love being teased. Pick one you like and tease the heck out of him.

• You look fine to me, I've dated girls like you before some better looking some that are average like you to I'd do it again to if given the opportunity.

• Average doesn't really exist, and attraction is completely subjective. So, sure.

• Judging by your pic, I'd say that looks will NOT prevent you from getting a good guy.

• I'm sure you would be able to. Just keep looking.

• It depends on your personality, unless he is shallow.

• I guess that's true , personality is very important to me also :)

• best of luck to you!

• Thanks! :3

• You could always expand your search and try online dating. I'm sure you'll find your diamond in the rough. ;)

• any kind of girl / guy have a chance to date others that are good looking & lovely & got good personality ^^

• yeah I think you do, your cute and a gamer... a lot of good guys out there like that!!

• Yes u will surely attract talk sweet be nice and caring u got him girl ;)

• You do realize its easier being an average girl then an average guy right? I've been told I'm average looking but women ignore me like the plague. I also find it to be hypocritical that you say you've been called average but still want a cool attractive guy?

• Not attractive just not creepy just normal :)

• Attractive for me doesn't nessasarily mean looks just someone with that kinda magnetic vibe that draws you to them

• But guys like that are usually good looking.

• Depends on the personalities. .. but most girls are shy and cowardly... my advice be bold and take what you want...

• define cool or attractive guy, perhaps your just too picky, and over judge guys on how they look and you find them creepy or awkward, get to know a guy first
    one thing to think about
    average attracts average
    attractive attracts attractive
    thats how it works

• I'm all about peronality I found a lot of the 'creepy guys' physically attractive but they were just incredibly weird around me and to me if someone can keep a good conversation and has a good sense of humour then they are usually attractive to me :)

• Aw yeah I know some guys are sensitive and shy thats no problem , these guys we're just way too forward saying things like I love you etc when we barely even know each other and just being really pushy :)

• thats just how guys are guys just fall in love easier than a girl, and its natural for a guy to be pushy a little i mean come on were desperate for a girlfriend and its difficult to even get a girlfriend in this society, give a guy a break guys just desire girls more than girls desire guys guys can't help it

• Every girl who isn't chubby or fat has a chance with me, but then I wouldn't call myself a good guy or an awesomely, amazing catch either, but that's for another discussion.

• You are good looking, above-average in my books. The problem might be your image, if you say you're a gamer you might attract weirdos (sorry to say). Do you play Pokemon cards, hang out at video game places, dress odd... chances are you will attract your male counterparts who are disproportionately "not her type".

• I don't play card games And I dress very normally , but I do attend gaming conventions and stuff so that may be a factor :3 also thankyou! :)

What Girls Said 3

• Yes because looks come from confidence. If you have that confidence, why not.

• I'm gonna work really hard to me more confident with myself , hopefully it works out, thank you :)

• You are beautiful in and out. Believe in that way. People say, people speak. Believe in yourself. Good luck girl :)

• Aww thank you so much :)

• Grow that hair out. Pull that bang down. Beat that face. You'd be pretty.

• Of course! You Just have to have confidence in yourself, And you can land any Guy Being selfconfident.