Life long crush. Is persistence the key?

We've known each other since we were kids and about 3 years ago I made my move. I told her that I liked her by text, keep in mind that I was 14 at the time and an idiot with the ladies. She responded with "okay". Ever since then it's been awkward being in the same room with her because she knows the way I feel but I don't know how she feels. She's kind of flirty with me but I don't know if that's her personality or if she's trying to tell me something. The question is, should I tell her the way I feel again in a proper way three years later? Or is one time enough and should I just move on? Ps, she haven't had a boyfriend since the incident. Also, I'm a fool when it comes to females. HELP ME. PLEASE.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, in future it would be much better to ask her out on a date, not confess your feelings. I know it works in movies, but it generally doesn't work anywhere else. If she only responded with "okay," then that's probably a sign she's not into you, I'm sorry to say.

However, I think it's time to branch out. To walk down many roads. I think it's time you start making yourself into an attractive and interesting young man. Perhaps it's time to start approaching other women and make yourself more approachable, too.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• You only told her how you feel right? And she has not had a boyfriend yes? Well she's probably waiting for you to ask her out. Just because you told her you liked her does not mean you were asking out and she was probably waiting so you should totally go for it. But if she does reject you, you should probably give up man. I can't believe you have liked her for so long! Dude, that is so sweet! I have no idea why she wouldn't want to date you! I say go for it. You have nothing to lose now. She knows how you feel already and she had known for 3 years so don't be down if she does actually reject you because they would of been nothing you could of done to change it after 3 years other wise it would of changed by now. Your not rushing it because she has known for 3 years so go for it. To be completely honest I think you may have waited too long to ask her because you could be friend zoned by now. But good luck!

• Don't drop the feelings bomb right away. But do step up and ask her on a legit date, not just to "hang out". If she accepts, then get through the firsr date and bring up your past/current feelings on the second one. Let her see how great you are, then you won't seem like a weirdo confessing.

What Guys Said 1

• give up, or grow a pair and ask her out