What gender stereotype do you defy?

I'm a guy. And I love to cuddle. To cradle her gently in my strong arms, her light heartbeat and my slow rhythmic one beating in perfect harmony. As she sighs with contentment.. I slowly pull her head into my chest, stroke her gorgeous dark, flowing hair and ever so tenderly kiss her forehead.. I'm in heaven.
So what do you do, that most guys/girls consider odd?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a girl, and have taken to heart a lot of "feminist" type ideas like:
    - Pursue a traditionally guy-dominated career (engineering)
    - Not afraid to ask a guy out
    - Have lots of guy friends
    - Not at all insecure about my body

However, I'm not a chip-on-the shoulder feminist and have a pretty "traditional" mindset:
    - I still want to be a loving wife and mom someday. I love to cook, clean, and do traditionally feminine things.
    - I have asked guys out before, but have since found that the dates are typically more fun when I merely do the initial flirting but let him do the actual asking out
    - I am genuinely great friends with all my boyfriend's friends and try to introduce my boyfriend to any other guy friends I make so we can all be friends. In that sense, I don't like to keep "backups" to make my bf jealous with or keep him on his toes or whatever other stupid cruel reasons some girls have for doing this. I'm a one-man kinda girl. Thus, my role is kinda like Wendy in Peter Pan. His guy friends all call me their sister, and my boyfriend is their leader lol.
    - I'm not at all insecure about my body, love to look hot for my boyfriend, and I love when he shows me off to make strangers drool. But I also prefer to be modest. I would rather convey my sexiness in how I walk and a pretty face rather than how much skin I show. I never curse, do not drink to excess, and try to act ladylike at all times. I like to be the kind of girl that my boyfriend can show off to his friends... but also to his colleagues and boss.

*Bonus: Most girls are liberals, and I'm certainly not haha!

What Girls Said 32

• I love raunchy comedy movies. Most girls would be like eww that's just gross, but I am laughing so hard at things like that! I love comedians as well that most women are not fans of due to their graphic nature and how they might say degrading things about sex or women, but I just think it is funny and hey the guy isn't talking about me, so why get upset about it?

• I don't like asking for directions. I wanna STAY LOST like a REAL MAN!

• - I'm bossy (but submissive in bed, so I guess that's only half-defying the stereotype)
    - I have technical skills (I can build and repair computers, work on my own car, fix household appliances, etc.)
    - I don't want to have children (but I am considering adoption)
    - My boyfriend and I hired a house cleaner because neither of us like to clean
    - I express my opinion (but I do try to be polite about it)
    - I'm an undergraduate student now, but am definitely going to graduate school to get my master's, and possibly my Ph. D
    - I could never be a stay-at-home mother or a trophy wife. I'd lose my mind.
    - I love outdoor activities and am not afraid to get dirty
    - I have commitment issues and cannot see myself ever marrying. I'm perfectly happy staying in the relationship I'm in as it is.
    - My main goals in life are career-oriented (not family-oriented)
    - I hate cuddling

• That women can adore reptiles! lol. The amount of negative comments I can get from women where I live is immense really but I love dangerous animals and always have. I love going to reptile expos and my guy friends are mainly all breeders themselves. I love all animals though but I'm certainly not afraid of big snakes and lizards :)

• I hate hanging out with other girls! they talk way too much about stupid shit.. Id way rather hang with the boys and play cards, video games, play sports, watch football.. have a lord of the rings marathon idk.. guys make me laugh way more! .. sry but girls just aren't that funny :/ they think they are.. but not really.. I mean how many good girl comedians are out there?

• Cultural influence between the two sexes, imo. That is why you need to find people who defy it ;P

• haha thanks, you're someone I would love to hang out with!

• Not too many other girls my age enjoy it, but I love playing poker. I love it when the guys at work invite me out for a poker night. I also love drinking beer. I love playing video games. I am not into sappy movies, although I will watch them. They just aren't my first choice. I don't really wear makeup, or dresses. I do still paint my nails though. I don't have a bunch of pairs of high heels. I have a lot sandals though. I love old cars. I don't mind getting dirty.

• you're a cool chick. I would hang out and play strip poker with you anyday!

• Outwardly I'm super girly, love makeup, fashion, heels. But I love football with a passion and get more excited watching games than more. And yes I know what's going on. I also don't watch chick flicks. My fave of all time is gladiator! I don't know if that falls into stereotypes or not but most guys are really surprised when they find out my interests.

• I honestly want to fight like a man. You know I really want to punch some people in the face when I need.

• Haha I know the feeling. Bottle it up firecracker, no need to go to jail!

• Fighting is bad, but I still see what you mean by sometimes wanting to pouring your thoughts into your fist :P some people are just truly infuriating at times. Thumbs up for aikido, I was at like 3. kyu or something.

• Yeah not exactly fighting. Maybe a little :P hahaha You practiced aikido? Cool! 3 kyu is pretty good. You were about to be Dan :)

• i like working with tools and i like to sit with my legs spread open, even when i have on dresses. i eat things from the floor and I've licked walls.

• You do sound like a potential romance novelist. Uuuuh... I love to play video games? Like the gory, competitive video games? Any time of video game, actually.

• I love sex, video games and beer.

But it's not abnormal to like cuddling. Both sexes like it.

• there's nothing odd with it... reaction of a normal lover

• Of course that's not odd. You either sound like a really good player hoping to stir a romantic cord in some girls heart on this site, or a truly tender loving man. Either way you are good at what you do! If you are the latter, I am really happy for the girlfriend you described above.

• I'm not a player, nor do I have a GF at the moment.. but the general consensus is that girls love cuddling, guys don't-which is untrue in my case!

• I like cold beer and hot men...

• I don't know if there is a gender stereotype I defy. . . um, I'm not a big fan of dresses, and I don't fawn over hot guys. And I barely ever do my nails. There, that's all I can think of xD

• Sick obsession with Star Wars, Unhealthy addiction to sports. I could go on but that is usually what my girl friends find odd about me.

• I beat many guys with sports , I am handy, I hate drama and romance :)

• I don't know if this counts but I really enjoy playing (and sometimes watching) Project M; a game I've yet to see any girls be into. I wish more were!

• I hate chick-flicks/romance stories with a passion. I'm also a girl who hates cuddling lol

• It's rare to see me behave submissively.

• Well I have an odd obsession with boys clothes. I enjoy wearing them just because. People think I should be more feminine but majority of my clothes are boys clothes.

• Nope, thats kinda romanic :DDD

• In think I'm too weird to steriotype.

• I'd rather watch some hockey/soccer over the Notebook. I dislike the Notebook.

• I'm a girl who hates chick flicks, hates shopping, wants sex all the time, watches p*rn, doesn't care if her boyfriend goes to strip clubs, loves gory horror films and great action films, hates Brad Pitt, on and on.
    I'm like a butch gay guy trapped in a woman's body, basically.

• People tend to think that girls get emotionally attached in relationships faster and a lot more so than guys do. Not once have I been the one upset about breaking up, or the one wanting to get back together. It takes me a while to get to the point where I want to tell you everything about my day, or that I even want to talk at all and just want to cuddle and watch a movie. I don't like getting emotionally invested before I can tell if it's going to last. That said, most guys I date are more emotional than I am, and I can't really handle that. I'm not the emotional one, the guy is, which I've heard is kind of rare.

• I don't think I would ever trust a woman in a major political office. does that count? lol

• lol yes that is very unusual. Why?

• I'm not sure really, I know this may strike as sexist and I run the risk of riling up some feminists out here (and I'm sorry to anyone I might offend), but it just kind of seems like a man's job to me. Women can just be so rash and underhanded, I wouldn't want to carry some lady's face around in my wallet. I'm not a democrat but if I were I'm fairly certain I still wouldn't vote for Hillary, even if I agreed with every single thing she stood for... and I'm not even positive as to why lol

• thanks for your opinion. I don't exactly agree lol I think Condeleeza Rice, Hillary Clinton, Nikki Haley and others have all been very effective elected officials..

• I'm good at fixing things and putting together furntiture

• I hate going out takes too much time to dress up and that stuff I don't like texting too lazy for that

I Wanna think LIKE MAN lol

• Being able to drive a stick shift. I can race a car.

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 21

• -I freaking LOVE puppies. I will baby talk and kiss and cuddle-wuddle with them all the time (especially my own dog). People think it's hilarious how a guy as big and "tough" looking like me will act like an 8-year old in front of a dog, but whatever.
    -I don't like casual sex or getting "bitches". A lot of guys will sleep with any girl, see virginity as a disease and brag about it. Not me. I don't want to lose my virginity for a few more years (I'm 18 now), I wouldn't have sex or sexual things beyond over the clothes outside of a relationship, and I think that bragging about the girls you've slammed is wrong.
    -I groom myself a lot. I take pride in shaving my face with an old school safety razor. I use dove for men's soap bars with a "girly" loofa so it doesn't aggravate my skin. I trim my nether regions, chest/stomach, upper arms and armpits (not that much though, just making sure they aren't too long). I also make sure my eyebrows are in order, along with my hair and shaved neck, and I'm about to tackle my back. I don't do anything else though and I'm not metrosexual.

• The hell are you like a romance novelist?

• I have been told that "I don't really think like a typical guy", but I never really figured out what the hell that means. Also, I pay ridiculous attention to my hair and wash it every day (I know it is 'not good for it' but as greasy as it gets in a day, I honestly don't care, haha) - other than that, maybe that I am physically affectionate. And I use my emotions primarily do make decisions. I contradict a bunch of stuff apparently.

• I think light beer tastes better than dark beer.
    I also think Madonna's music is not so bad, probably above average.

• Hmm. I like Rachmaninof and Chopin?

• There's that stereotype that guys don't ever want to hold a conversation with a girl or most anyone for that matter. I myself really like to talk and hold good conversations, or at least whenever I warm up to somebody.

• I like lots of female musicians and will listen to a song even if the lyrics are girly.

I love cuddling after sex.

I enjoy wildflowers

I know how to dance ballroom and swing

• I'm very VERY empathetic and love affection

I wear pink and purple all the time!

• I don't like casual sex and one night stands, I love affection, don't watch p*rn or masturbate and don't think women are 'below' me.

• I avoid casual sex
    I am not a fan of blowjobs
    I love cooking

• I hate watching sports. It's just not my thing.

• I have 1 good guy friend and the rest a girls?
    The cuddling thing too
    I dance

• What types of dance do you do?

• Bit of everything, I'm just in this small dance group and we do dances according to a theme that gets chosen so it could be anything from hip-hop to waltz

• I don't want casual sex. Some of my friends don't know that just because I can't be bothered to have a big conversation over it.
    I love my cat.

• I'm not scared to be nice and scaring.

• I were eyeliner and nail polish and appreciate women's companion more than men's in general. And I prefer european football.

• All of them...

• I'm not very confident and sports bore me to death.

• -I have a decent selection of shoes

-I tweeze my eyebrows (to get rid of the stragglers)

-A girl just being hot doesn't make me interested in her... I want to know what she's like as well

-Titanic is one of the greatest movies ever invented

• i see woman as equal to me... this is why i´m single

• lol appreciate the honesty..

• It's true. Women want to be conquered by a dominant guy. I don't want to dominate anyone and I don't care for girls who play games ( like hard to get )

• I love to cuddle too. I also feel the need to cry but I don't do it.