Is it lust, love, obsession or something else? How can you tell?

Say you have been dating a guy for the past 5 months and things have gotten more serious. You've known this guy for years prior to so they aren't a completely new person in your life.

Here are my feelings:

- I think about him all the time and wonder how his day is going etc.
- I would do anything for him that makes him happy.
- I am very attracted to him. We have a lot of amazing sex.
- I'm perfectly content just cuddling with him.
- I have no desire to pursue any other guys.
- I see a real future with him and the thought of us having kids someday has crossed my mind.
- I put his happiness before my own and want to see him happy.
- I want to see him as much as possible but we can only see each other on weekends due to distance.

So is this lust, love, obsession or what? How do I know what I am feeling?

Most Helpful Guy

• why does it need a name? canĀ“t you just enjoy it like this? why are you asking this?

• I'm just trying to figure out what I am feeling. I do think I love him and I want to share that with him but I don't want to say it unless I'm sure that is what I am feeling. I don't know how to explain. I'm so happy with him and haven't felt this way in a long long time. I just want to be sure it is love and not because he is something new that I'm "obsessed" with.

• i think love has a lot in common with obsession. if you think, you love him, keep acting like it. if you feel like telling him, tell him. there is nothing bad about it, you know each other long enough :)

What Guys Said 2

• doesn't really sound like any of the 3 you mentioned but that you're just really attracted to him right now and are very interested and willing to invest in him.

• I would say its lust.
    Feelings that make you attached and especially WANT that person.
    If you would have the same even when the feelings are not there or you know its not because he makes you feel good then it might be love aswell.

So how do you know?
    Are you feeling things? Probably lust
    Do you love him for who he is rather then these feelings or what he does for you (Unconditional love)? Then its love to me.
    Is it an obsession? Yeah probably but thats fairly normal when you lust and love someone haha.

What Girls Said 1

• It will take time to figure this out. Time is the answer.