Do you think the guy I'm seeing is playing games?

I have been seeing this guy for two months now, almost three. I feel like everything has been going good. I already met his parents and his roommates and most of his friends. When we are with everyone, or even out doing something, he never fails to ignore me and makes me feel like I'm wanted. He shows me a lot of PDA, which I don't mind because he gives me major butterflies.

From the beginning he told me he wants to be with me, but it hasn't happened yet. He wants to take things slow and see where it goes. But how long is too long before things start becoming official?

My brother and my aunt think he's playing me but i don't think so. But who really knows. I want him to come to family events and meet my family because I met his, so I think its fair. But he always makes excuses that he can't come. I know most of the events take place on Saturdays and that's when he works a double so I can't blame him for not wanting to come out after... but still.

I had a talk with him a while ago, because I felt like I was wasting my time, and I told him how I felt. Instead of him walking away like I thought he would, he didn't. He told me he is afraid of commitment but yet he wants to see only me and see where this thing goes. But if he's afraid of commitment why would he only commit to be seeing me? It doesn't make sense.

I just don't want to waste my time, but yet I don't want to let him go.

What Guys Said 1

• People who are playing you don't usually get you to meet their family so if you met his family that would make me think he isn't.

Guys are generally afraid of commitment I think it is hardwired into most of us. I am sure he struggles with it but even those of us afraid of it will embrace it at some point if it is the right girl.

If he makes you feel wanted then that is a good thing, players are not generally interested in your feelings, they only care about their own needs.

• Yeah I guess that is true. But also I have been played before and that person introduced me to his parents, and I even went to a wedding with that person. But still wasn't good enough.

I wasted my time on that guy for 5 years. I'm just afraid of doing the same thing with this guy even though a part of me doesn't want to let him go yet... I just don't want to make the same mistake

• That is hard, especially if you have been burned before and it feels like de ja vu. 5 years is a long time for a guy to be hanging in there and not commit. Maybe you can learn a little insight from seeing what kind of relationships his brother and sisters have had... if they have a long history of failures then it is likely he is the same type?

What Girls Said 0