Are there going to be riots in Brazil after this game?

A lot of people in Brazil were pissed off they got the world cup.
So if they lose in the semi a lot of people are going to be pissed off. Do you think there will be major riots?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, Brazilians are not savages. Second, I understand why they're pissed off, I would be, if I was Brazilian. They spend a lot of money (money who belongs to the people) on building the stadiums, paying all the people who are involved on the organization of the World Cup, on making publicity to the event and so on. So losing this game at home and in they way they lose, was a public humiliation (but there's no doubt that Germans are good on making that).
    And third, saying that there will be major riots, it seems exaggerated to me. People are angry, yes, but I don't think that they will cause more trouble. Plus, they have a good sense of humor, so probably some Brazilians will make fun of the situation.

What Girls Said 8

• I doubt it - they lost fair and square. It's not like a judge or referee made a mistake. I have a pen pal from brazil that I talk to daily - he even said it's impossible for them to win (this was after the 5-0)

• I don't think they'll be rioting because of that reason. A lot of the poorer people were annoyed they spent so much money on the world cup when so a lot of the population lives in poverty. They were rioting before the world cup so I wonder what will happen now.

• Well I think the world cup brings in tourists. My friend told me that they earned a lot of money by hosting the world cup there and I read in a manual that Brazil has reduced world hunger by around 50 - 60% in the last 8 years in Brazil (people living on 2 dollars a day or less)

• Lol ok you can think they're all holding hands dancing around if you want to

• No, obviously brazil has issues and sure they're going to be angry after a lost game in world cup that wasn't too popular to begin with.
    But by the end of the day soccer is just game for most people and maybe when the world cup is over they can focus on more important issues again.

Though I'm glad I wasn't a germany fan in the stadium yesterday

• Lol I'm glad I wasn't a brazilian player making the way out.

• There have been riots before that game and before the World Cup, but the reasons for them were actually important things, not the result of a football game.

• Yeah but they were based around the government investing in the world cup. And now that they have failed majorly they might be more pissed off about tge wasted money

• Maybe. No need to downvote me though.

• I didn't.

• Look, I'm Brazilian and people are going to be pissed off for this entire month and maybe the next. Football is the one thing we've got going for us and after today's annihilation, it's going to be hard to swallow it. I don't think it'll reach extremes, such as riots, but I do believe people are just going to be down right nasty towards it all. The cool think about Brazilians is their humor though, so there are many people who are making fun out of this whole mess!

• Good to hear you're laughing about it lol. What about the people rioting before the world cup. Do you think they will still be grumpy? Lol

• Mhm, they won't be happy at all.

• Lol I can imagine

• Lol maybe

• Maybe

• Considering the final score, I think so.

• I'm sure there will be some. Fans get really crazy sometimes

What Guys Said 3

• Lol Undoubtedly the coach and the management of the team will be changed...

• They lost their money building all the infrastructure and now they're losing the match too.
    I don't give $0.01 for Roussef's political career now.

• Didn't they spend something like ten billion?

• I don't know the exact amount but given the poverty in the favellas it was simply too much.

• Yeag I feel bad for all those people. And from what I heard Brazil already has a massive gap between rich and poor.

• PUSSY RIOT!!! PUSSYY PUSY (im half brasilian and don't give a fuck)