Why do teenage guys never ask girls out? Are they afraid?

Okay, so why are guys so afraid to ask girls out? Is it even that there afraid? Or do they just not want to date anymore?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they know if they get rejected, the girl will tell all her friends and her friends will tell their friends and their friends will tell their friends and it never ends. They also know that they will all laugh at him and crack jokes about rejecting him

What Guys Said 14

• Why don't teenage girls do the same? Same reason. I keep seeing questions like "how do I show I'm interested?" or "how can I be 100% sure he likes me?", then when I suggest just asking them they say "no I don't want to do that", so they won't ask them out til they're 100% sure when asking is the only way to find out anyway. Teenagers are retards.

• It's because your species is constantly rejecting me time and again that I just feel like giving up sometimes but the irony is that I have this yen to love and be loved too. Playing hard to get, that is annoying to an inordinate degree. Sometimes I just wished God made me with a proclivity to be in love with dogs instead, they are so much more simple and they really love their owners unconditionally which love was originally designed to be. Humans have warped the concept of love. Lol.

• I think they wanna date at least I do and I do ask out Gil's but I do fear rejection like with this girl I really really like I'm trying to figure out if she likes me so if u like a guy give him some hints and pretty strong ones guys are stupid and girls are impossible to read so be up front!

• Because girls humiliate the guys who they don't want to date, and those experiences have a lasting effect on us. Girls need to learn to handle guys with a bit of grace and niceness. Y'all are girls, that's supposed to be your forte. But you don't, thinking instead that guys don't deserve consideration for our feelings because we're all pigs anyway. Y'all just don't realize how boorish you can be in your actions toward guys who like you but whom you might not like in return.

• Fear of rejection, basically.

• Well, logic suggests three possibilities.

1. They're not interested.

2. They are used to/expect girls to approach them.

3. They don't feel it's worth the effort--too likely to be rejected, or too much work.

• Most guys are too nervous and afriad they'll be rejected and humiliated if they ask someone out. I think they're afraid that if they ask a girl out that she'll turn him down and then think of him differently. Kinda like if she turns him down, she'll think he's weird. It's crazy but it's how boys think.
    Some guys just don't have the time to go out on dates or are just not interested. They think that if a girl's attracted to him that she'll be the one to ask him out.

• Both afraid and don't want to date. Depends on the teen boy. A lot of times they date a girl for a week or so then dump them

• Because of hormonal changes in testosterone

• Hay babe, wanna go out wif meh?

• It can be intimidating when you're a teen. Especially if the girl is is hot. fear of rejection and all that.

• from my teenage years and in my early 20's never asked a girl out

• Men's self esteem has been destroyed. It's not just teens. Even middle-aged guys these days lack confidence.

• they are afraid of rejection cause guys usually get rejected, but trust me guys want girlfriends we just know were not wanted by girls in the first place since girls ignore guys, so why should a guy ask a girl out, just to be judged and rejected, when a girl can ask a guy out and not risk rejection.

What Girls Said 0