My friend recently got a girlfriend, and now all he talks to me about is them having sex, is this normal or is he trying to show off or something?

I've never had a girlfriend nor has anyone else I know, until now. Since my mate got a girlfriend all he does is talk about them having sex in great detail, I don't really want the mental image of him having sex tbh and he won't stop at all. He just drones on about it even when I tell him to stop. he goes from girl to girl and gets obsessed (had 4 attempts to get a gf in one week) and now I can't talk to him cos he's either with or when he's not with her he talks about their sex. Is he trying to rub it in my face as I'm single or is he just exited?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that it may be a little bit of both. In my opinion I think that a lot of guys do like to talk about sex and I'm not sure if he was a virgin before dating her but if he was then yeah he would be excited.

What Girls Said 5

• i think he is just excited/thrilled/ecstatic about it and (yes) proud. since you're his pal, he feels he can dish it all to you in graphic detail. (the exact same thing happened to me in high school when a few of my friends first got boyfriends and started having sex with them, and I was single. it was more information than i ever, EVER needed).

just smile and be happy for him. and carry on with your own life. do your own thing so u have something else to do and are busy (instead of sitting around waiting for his next sexcapade story).

• Yeah but I don't want to know though, thats the problem. I'm not a human diary surely he can get on with his life without having to tell me about each time he has sex, its fowl, cos he's involved, what on god's earth makes him think I want to know how he fucks someone?

• yeah my friends like I said were pretty graphic ( I never asked or wanted to know either!) lol basically all you can do is invest your time in something else (work, school, a hobby, a different friend... anything) so he's not breathing down your neck to spill all this unwanted information. don't be available 24/7. that way he may be forced to 'dish' to someone else.

• good idea, thanks :)

• I would say robbing off. If he truly is your friend, he should keep it to himself, plus I think you are cute lol

• Ignore him

• He's showing off and rubbing it in your face to get one up on you he's probs not even having sex with her

• i think he's really excited, and just wants to talk about it all the time. but it gets to a point where he's definitely showing off because he thinks it's a really cool thing to go have sex with a bunch of girls. which it isnt. just so you know. back off from him for a while, and stop hanging out with him. he'll soon get the message that you're uninterested in his sex life. sorry you have to deal with that :(

• It's taken over his personality now, but thanks for the advice

What Guys Said 1