How long should you wait before you have sex with a new man that you're dating?

I recently went on a first date with a guy I just met. The date went really well and we enjoyed ourselves and each other company. The date ended with a few passionate kisses. If I kept kissing him I could tell it would have probably turned into sex. But I controlled myself and went home. I can tell that the chemistry and attraction is strong between us. I don't want to have sex too soon and risk messing up a potentially good future relationship because he seems really nice and I like him so far. But when is it a good time to have sex with a person?

Most Helpful Girl

• General society will tell you that whenever it feels right, it's the right time.
    Most men in society will tell you that they don't judge a girl who puts out on the first date.
    I will tell you that I won't put out until there's a wedding band on my finger and we've said "I do."

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think there's a set rule. just go with the flow and if you're feeling it and he is too then go with your gut.

• Until the honeymoon.

• Im 37 and male and to me if i was a guy id wait as long as it took if i liked her. If i was a girl id bring it up on first date that sex is not something i give out and its going to be awhile and wait to see his reaction. That will tell alot.

What Girls Said 4

• Until you're exclusive?

• until the honeymoon honey ;)

• I waited a month with my bf

• After you are married.