Secret date ideas / date concerns?

Ok so I have known this guy for a good 12 years. He is one of my brother's best friends tho and he is 6 years older than me. He was deployed all of last year so I sent him letters and packages. When we came back we started talking alot. My brother and family weren't too happy about us talking so we stopped. We saw each other over the 4th and ended up talking for awhile about what all happened. He now wants to take me on a date. The issue here is it has to be a secret so what are some options we could do. We are planning an amusement park, going to a park, state fair...

Ok since he wants to take me on a date does that mean he has more than just friends that talk a lot feelings? We talked for months but never discussed how we really felt. I honestly really liked him but I'm not sure if I want to go against by brother... Plus my brother and this guy are going to be living together.. HELP

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do your family not like him?
    Well, You could sneak off to a park by telling your family that you were invited out by a friend then ask a good friend of yours to cover for you. Same thing with the others.

• They just don't like the idea of me being with someone 6years older than me. And being one of my brother's friends. But yea I have already done your park idea haha!

• Lol well keep using your cover friend.
      Oh that is a silly reason :P

What Guys Said 2

• Is he a bad guy or something? Honestly who you date is your business. I'm assuming you don't get to decide who your brother dates so why would he decide who you date?
    He either has feelings for you or wants to get some and figures going out will butter you up just enough to get that. Otherwise there's be no reason for secrecy.

• My brother just doesn't like the idea of me being with one of his friends. And no I don't get a say in who my brother dates lol. He's a nice guy who honestly cares what I think. We are extremely alike, even some of the guys said we should date when he was deployed because I reminded them of him.

• He was deployed so talking about feelings might not be a good idea, considering what goes on out there. But honestly love is love. If you love this guy then deny your brother. Why is it someone elses concern who you like? Its the same with me and my girlfriend, we have to date secretly.

• He is actually extremely open about everything. What all is there to do secretly?

• Love it. Thanks :)

• No problem :)

What Girls Said 4

• I guess it depends what ages are? I personally don't see anything wrong with the age but I also wouldn't ever date my brothers friends neither. But not everyone feels that way and that's ok.

• It's never a good idea to date secretly. There's always the stress of someone finding out. I would know, I tried it. You have to be careful which friends you tell and then you have to worry which friends they'll tell, who will know, who might tell your family. If you need your family and brothers approval, you also need their trust, and dating behind their back isn't gonna help.

• You need to tell your family the truth keeping secrets from them will make it worse. Before you say anything to them go on 2 or 3 secret dates and see if you two will be together but keeping a secret just ends badly because they will find out

• Yea we are not gunna end up together for sure...

• Visit another town for the day and explore