Is race really that important anymore?

Why do people still factor race into relationships, why can't people just like whoever they want and be happy?

Most Helpful Guy

• nope I don't think it is but I see a lot of older people who tend to be a bit racist. like I told my parents I will never bring any friend over to meet them who are from a different race because Im afraid they will say something, they are quite racist and it is sickening. but it isn't a factor at all from me, im my eyes there is only one race and its the human race

What Guys Said 4

• The older you are and the less patient you are, the more real stereotypes become. It's just faster.

• Were all human beings here... personally im kinda partial to those latino babes.

• Some of it is simply genes coming into play, speciation has had a huge impact on human beings and two people of the same race are genetically predisposed to find each other more attractive than others of similar build and appearance who are a different race.

Of course on the other hand you have people who put bed-sheets on their head, and groups of the "master race" who collect their unemployment check and buy beer.

• That's strange because I don't necessarily find my race more attractive than any other race

• It's starting to die down now that we have entered the "internet age", people are able to travel and live in places that spent a very long time being a single race community, and as a result the newer generation of people haven't experienced many of the sociological that took place through this change.

Some of the people who are a bit older (say 30+) never grew up with the notion that people are just people.

• People tend to focus on our differences then our similar traits. Race truly is irrelevant but culture is not and ethnicity is important to some degree.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd hope not. It does matter to some people. Also, some people are still under attack by negative stereotypes. They live discrimination every day. If you date someone outside your race, be respectful of their feelings on these matters.

• I don't factor race into relationships.

• People just add that into the type of person that they like. I don't think that they mean anything harsh towards that race at all. Personally, I am with a half mexican half white tall, dark haired, brown eyed guy. Thats my idea man. I wanted someone basically tall dark and handsome. Especially with dark hair/eyes/tan skin. Well, thats my type. It just so happens that mexicans are mostly this lol I'm not even really attracted to white males. Its just what I like. It has nothing to do with the race specifically, just my preference. People really shouldn't factor race as an issue. I dont think race is the issue at all. Just maybe what people like is different.

• I said it one and I'll say it again... I don't give a crap about race when it comes to men. Focusing on race is a waste of time.

• In the 80's and 90's a relationship with people of two different races was very controversial. With us accepting gays, transsexuals, and all the other things recently I do not understand why people are still put off if they see a commercial with a couple of different races. Humans are odd.

• Right? Like people don't want to let go of the hate