Why are guys told that there's women out of their league but you never hear?

women being told that a guy is out of their league? Do you believe that its possible for a women to be too "attractive" and too "good" for just any ol' man , but its impossible for a guy to be too attractive and good for just any ol' woman?

Most Helpful Girl

• It works both ways - it is the curse of social structure. it is every where just have to look with open eyes. People stereotype you by your looks, weight and financial status.
    I have heard that saying a few times in my life and how fast that few words can turn a confident person into a doubtful one.
    It is against nature according to this structure for a good looking guy to go for the nerd or even the ugly duckling. Or the hottest girl going for the over weight guy or super nerd.
    That is the reason for she/he is so out of your league saying.

• No its not because at the end of the day, you go after who you want. Nature doesn't control that.

What Girls Said 7

• Lol. Many dudes are legions above.

• There are DEFINITELY many men too attractive for some girls. I think the "league" thing works both ways

• Its usually guys that say "that's girls out of my league" or something. Not girls going around saying it

• I know because women haven't been brainwashed by society into believing that they are not good enough for some guys.

• Trust me dude we believe it..

• I don't think you could be too good looking for someone if both of you are attracted to each other then who cares what anyone else thinks. I find that most people on the outside try to figure out if someone is out of their league by looking at 2 people and not understanding why someone that looks like this would be with someone that looks like that You can be too good for someone is you feel like that person has lower standards than you and to me that is was out of your league means.

• World views are a powerful thing, because women hear this one too.

• I disagree, at my school everyone says it the other way around.

• I see guys that are out of my league everyday!

• No usually it works both ways.

What Guys Said 5

• That's just your perception. It's very common for many to hyper sexualize women in our culture and act like guys are all ugly.

• It goes both ways but some guys just have really low standards

• I don't believe that leagues exist on the larger scale... they only exist in the minds of each individual person, and those minds can vary quite a bit from person-to-person.

So yeah, I believe it's possibly for a woman to believe that a man is out of her league, and I believe it's possible for a man to believe that a woman is below his league.

• I think it applies for both sexes.
    There is always a guy or a girl who is out of league for him /her.

• because that would hurt womens feelings LOOOL