Would you date a guy who doesn't have a car?

I met a guy who is really nice. He works and he's going to school at a university. So he is hard working and he isn't a bum. He is also a nice person. But he does not drive or have a car right now. Should that be a deal breaker or should that not matter?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should leave him. Evidently from the question you have asked, it reflects that you have a greter appreciation for material objects than this guy. So I think you will be better off with a wealthy guy rather than a genuinely nice guy. He deserves a nice girl who loves him more than a car.

• We aren't in a relationship yet. And I am a nice girl and materialistic things don't matter to me. I asked a question to get others point of view. But thanks for your input =)

• Damn. Ouch.

• Jaron29 hats off you are so true. "MHO" this is the best answer to this question. So true...

What Guys Said 8

• I imagine this depends heavily on where you live.

Personally, i graduated, got married, bought a condo, had one child, sold the condo, got my second post university job, bought a house, then bought a car... which my wife drives around in as i walk to the train.

When I lived downtown, insurance would have been $500 a month, parking was $250 a month (I actually had that for a while), and that's before the cost of the car itself, or gas.

But if you live in the middle of nowhere, cars are apparently really important.

My mid 40's brother in law has always had a car since I've known him. While living in his mother's basement.

Basically nobody I knew in university owned a car, but I lived on campus, in a big city.

• It shouldn't matter. It's one thing if he's showing no ambition and doesn't have much going for him, but your guy is a hardworking student. He's broke now, but he'll be making bank in a few years.

• You don't need a car to have a good relationship. Walks are more fun than sitting in a moving piece of metal.

• It's easier to find a guy with a car than a guy you get along with. Seriously, i know plenty of dudes that have cars (nice cars) that are complete bums and burnouts.

• Should not matter. But luckily I have a car now because it may matter to some. JK, life can be difficult without a car depending on where you live!

• Psh tell me about it *riding in bus*

• Yes sir, I was a bus/bike/walk/binge rides off of friends type of guy for the past two years lol.

• If I was your guy and I read this question. I myself would decline you right now. Because a self respecting guy would never date a girl/woman for whom others opinion/views matter more than him or his qualities.

• It's only a dealbreaker if you're a shallow cunt. After seeming really keen and getting along great this girl turned me down once because I didn't have a car, told me I was pathetic, a loser etc. A year later I got a car and we met up, I fucked her then just ignored her. She went apeshit, I just lol'd.

• I'm kinda shocked a female is asking this type of question since well so many shallow and superficial.

My guess is no, any women or girl says she would date a guy with no car is lying not to come off shallow and superficial. No car=No ass its that simple.

What Girls Said 14

• Since he is working and going to school, I don't think it's a deal-breaker. A lot of kids at university live on or near campus (with a lot of basic stuff within walking distance), so a car really isn't necessary. (Car payments and insurance can be expensive, so by not currently having one, those are two less bills he has to worry about.) But hopefully he is saving some of his money (from work) towards the future and something like a car (that will become a practical necessity eventually) after he graduates.

• I wouldn't date a guy with no car but that's a personal decision. people with no car are always needing rides. it would be different if I was already dating a guy and his car got wrecked or something like that, but if I just met you with no car? nahhh can't do it. he needs to find a chick in the same boat as him b/c im too old to be dealing with a dude with no ride

• AS LONG AS HE IS DOING SOMETHING WITH HIS LIFE IT SOULDNT MATTER! you go girl if he is nice and respectful to you and has a job and is in school that's an A if he had a car that's an A+ lol but don't go for the asshole with the car stick with the good guy that will take long walks through the park with you... Lol

• I have dated more guys with no cars than guys with cars. It's one of those things that really don't matter at all to me.

• Who cares? If you really like the guy, his material posessions really shouldn't be a big deal for you. You don't really know his circumstances, so you really shouldn't judge him without knowing why he doesn't own a car.

• For your case no, I however don't date men who don't, I've had one that would have my car more than me so done with that

• Seriously, that is your reason not to date a guy? wow. I would never dump a guy, over something THAT ridiculous.

• LOL of course. If I love him, that counts. I don't care the car at all.

• No it shouldn't be a deal breaker if he's working towards something and is ambitious. People have certain circumstances you never know about.

• Thats true =) I try to look at the person and who they are not what they have. materialistic things could be gone tomorrow but a good heart and soul stays forever.

• What's he going to school for? lol

• He said a Exercise physiologist or maybe a physical therapist

• you have to go to bill gates to satisfy that thing

• Better you leave that thing alone and forget about satisfying it. Find a girl instead :D

• If I were still in the city I would, because no one drives there. Otherwise, no.

• To me that's a deal breaker. School and work isn't quite enough to know if he's not a bum. This is in my experience.

• But having a car holds more weight than school?

• Someone who's good at school is smart, ambitious, and educated. Someone with a nice ca might as well be dumb as dirt and just happens to be wealthy, and maybe even a bad person in whatever way.

• "Well, you're wrong." Oh I am? LOL. I'm gonna guess you don't have a car and this struck a chord, or you've got some other short coming that I've made you feel all insecure. Why do you care so much about what I think, anyway?

• I wouldn't mind at all. My crush didn't have a car (now he does) and he was going to school too. It sucked because we couldn't see each other practically at all. But that was the only negative about it. It honestly shouldn't matter as long as he's a great guy and respects you.

• Yea thats true. Respect is way more important then what someone has physically.

• I'm glad you think so too. Your question might make you seem materialistic to some people, just saying.

• yo yes it did

• I don't know, depends how old is he?

• he's 20

• Because she doesn't have have her own mind/cares too much what people think of her.

• lmao Adam, so true though :D