Guys, would you ever tell you girl you loved her when you know you don't mean it?

I'm in this current situation. I had a guy I was dating tell me he was in love with me. We have been dating a while. He looks me dead in the eye and said I love you and would would do anything for me. I asked him to stop dating other people and he resisted and we go into a huge fight.

Most Helpful Guy

• He told you he loved you, and hen refused to be exclusive?

As for your question, no I personally only say those words when I mean it. It takes someone REALLY special for me to feel that way, so when it hat happens it's very meaningful for me.

• Yes.

• Ok, well then I don't think he meant it. In this case, actions speak louder than words.

What Guys Said 5

• it sounds like he said it just to say it, maybe to get sex.

I personally wouldn't tell a girl I loved her if I didn't mean it, but it does sound like this guy definitely did

• i would never say that to someone if i really didn't feel that way towards them. by the sounds of it, those words are meaningless to him and you shouldn't take it seriously. it's probably just a way for him to keep you...

• I would never say those words casually. When I say it I will mean it. That girl will be my only one.

• No, I am too genuine of a person to do that.

• If I was young and I thought it would get me sex, then hell yeah I'd say anything, tell any lie.

What Girls Said 2

• Sorry honey, but it sounds like this guy thinks he can get away with telling you a lie with a straight face! If he won't commit to you and says he loves you it doesn't mean he's not saying the same thing to these other girls he's dating!

• Of course they can. Especially if they just wanna get in your pants.