What is dating in college like?

I'm going to college in the Fall and I'm wondering what dating is like. I've heard it's mostly casual but are more serious relationships common too? Where do you usually meet people? Also what tips do you have for dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think college dating is pretty varied.
    some girls carry over boyfriends from high school, some girls find boyfriends online, some girls meet their boyfriend because he is the long-time high school friend of the roommate to the girl's brother (or some other complicated relationship). Some girls join intramural sports and meet guys that way or meet guys through clubs/organizations. Some girls meet guys at frat parties. Some girls are just looking for hookups and other girls are looking for relationships and for the most part its easy to figure out if the guy is looking for the same thing you are. It just depends on what you do, where you go, who you meet, etc.

I would just try to be upfront with what you want & don't try to make a relationship happen with a guy when all the signs are saying he's not interested. I know one girl who was regularly sleeping with this one guy in a frat and it was understood that that they were just hooking up... but she liked him. and then later tried to make a relationship happen which failed completely and it was a mess.

What Guys Said 2

• lot of parties lot of drinking. you won't know anyone's history so you'll hook up with anyone. dorm life. get it on.

• A lot of partying, drunken mistakes and mishaps... All in the name of good fun!

What Girls Said 2

• Dating in college is more fast paced than high school, more casual, and people usually meet at school events, house parties, dorm parties, etc.

I've seen a lot of relationships bloom and prosper during my first year of college. For example, one couple i know met 2 weeks after the first semester and stayed together through the 2nd semester.

• I haven't dated yet. Although I have a crush on a guy who happens to be in a fraternity.