Are you afraid of getting pregnant?

For the females on this site who are sexually active, do you ever worry about getting pregnant?

I'm freaked about that all the time, which is probably why I don't date as much as I should have over the course of my dating career.

What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know this was for female's to answer, but if I may I just want to say its very refreshing to see a girl who is just as worried about pregnancy as I am.

I feel your pain and its one of the reasons I'm still a virgin at 26. Several friends have told me they have had condoms break on them.

It really scares me that so many girls have such a casual attitude of "Well if it happens it happens" which is why is why I'm afraid to have sex and don't always trust them with birth control.

Having a kid would ruin my life so badly :( I want to make sure it never happens.

• That's some of my fears. Even if Birth Control was 100% i feel like somehow I'd get pregnant anyway. Plus i'm not emotionally ready to have one plus financially either.

• Thanks for MH

• I think for me the overall problem is I have a history of being in relationships with people or dating people who didn't care enough which leads to me not trusting them enough. Plus add in the fact of I never felt pretty enough... plus most of the time things don't go my way... so I guess I'm just self conscious too. Though the pregancy thinig is scary as well.

What Guys Said 1

• would you feel better if you found a guy who had a vasectomy done? if your fear is getting pregnant get a birth control method

• Even with vasectomy, I'm still afraid of getting pregnant. I feel like I have bad luck and it would happen even with Birth Control.

• not all birth control is 100% a vasectomy thats kept in check is you shouldn't have to worry

• Oh I know that. I don't know if its some other psychological issue or maybe I'm just so freaked at the amount of bad luck I've had in my life. Trust me the weirdest things keep happening to me.

What Girls Said 7

• Not at all. My boyfriend and I both want kids more than anything. We want to wait until we're financially stable to start our family, so we always have protected sex. But if by chance I did still get pregnant, we would both be happy.

• I never want to be. Ever. I get a little worried.
    But I'm on the pill, I never miss it. I always use spermicide and he pulls out. I just make sure I get my period and all is dandy.

• yeah its always sucky. I even get worried if other people miss their period.

• Yes kinda but whatever... its cool if im pregnant... (:

• i dont know. I'd love to have kids one day but I just have dating issues when it comes to the stage where the intimacy comes into play becasue i am always afraid of getting pregnant. I have bad luck lol.

• So u have bad luck because ur afraid of being pregnant at some point im scared but in a way im not (:

• Yes. I'm only twenty-one.

• No, because I ALWAYS use protection. And if the condom should break, I'll get an abortion. No worries.

• Yeah, I get freaked out at times, but if it happens, then it happens and I will deal with it. I love and want kids, but I feel like if I have them right now, it's too soon. But if it for some reason happened, I wouldn't ever consider it a mistake. I would take my responsibilities and give them the best life that I could give. :D

• i have the same viewpoint but I am sooooooooooooooo terribly freaked to the point where I just don't wanna date people anymore. I guess I'm afraid of screwing up.

• Yeah, being hesitant during romance, can definitely be a downer. You need to want sex, embrace it and have fun. Just go with the flow, and use protection. Guys want to feel wanted during sex, and if you're acting reluctant, it's a definite mood killer and ego buster. They will feel like they're not good enough, etc.

• maybe that's my problem its because i'm not trying hard to flirt, be intimate... I usually treat my potential love interests, dates or even bfs like we're friends. Fortunately the men in my past dealt with it and things ended up progressing into a relationship but there have been a whole lot of men moreso that assumed i wasn't interested or just gave up.

• I'm not afraid of getting pregnant since I wish to have a baby sometime in the future. I just want to avoid having one right now since I don't have much going for myself atm.